Average Super League attendances during the 2024 season so far

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Average Super League attendances during the 2024 season so far

Post by josie andrews »

THE 2024 Super League season is well and truly underway with the table taking shape already with Round Eight set to take place in under a fortnight’s time.

Currently, as things stand, the Catalans Dragons sit top of the Super League ladder with six wins from their opening seven games, with Warrington Wolves, Wigan Warriors, St Helens and Hull KR all level on ten points.

At the other end of the table, London Broncos sit bottom having failed to win any of their opening seven games whilst Hull FC dropped down to 11th following their disastrous loss to Huddersfield Giants last weekend.

Castleford Tigers have moved up to 10th after their first win of the season against Salford Red Devils at the weekend, with Leigh Leopards in 9th, Leeds Rhinos in 8th and Salford Red Devils in 7th.

Huddersfield Giants, meanwhile, sit in 6th after winning four games from their opening seven games.

Along the way, there have been some massive Super League crowds with Wigan currently leading the way in terms of average attendances.

Compiled by X profile Super League Away Days, the average crowds of each Super League side (except Hull KR who don’t disclose their home attendances) have been calculated.

Here are the results:

1. Wigan Warriors – 15,357

2. Leeds Rhinos – 14,218
3. St Helens – 14,153
4. Hull FC – 12,483
5. Warrington Wolves – 9,709
6. Catalans Dragons – 9,213
7. Leigh Leopards – 9,203
8. Castleford Tigers – 8,745
9. Huddersfield Giants – 6,120
10. Salford Red Devils – 5,515
11. London Broncos – 3,710
Hull KR – N/A

https://www.totalrl.com/average-super-l ... on-so-far/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Re: Average Super League attendances during the 2024 season so far

Post by morley pie eater »

That gives 9,857 average across the league, albeit without Hull KR.

Imagine, for example, a resurgent Bradford replacing London - it would surely give a 10,000+ average.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:11 pm That gives 9,857 average across the league, albeit without Hull KR.

Imagine, for example, a resurgent Bradford replacing London - it would surely give a 10,000+ average.
Only thing with that is the ground at Odsal! It’s crap!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Halifax used to be well supported in the late 80s.They always brought a massive away following at central park
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 am Halifax used to be well supported in the late 80s.They always brought a massive away following at central park
I used to love the games v Halifax. As you say, big away following on the Kop at Central Park and great atmosphere at those games and Thrum Hall was a treat for any of our younger fans who havent yet visited some of the smaller clubs in Yorkshire with the Crown Flat a real treat :).

I've just found this article, which is a great little read, and many of us who attended Central park could write things very similar

https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2020/03/26/d ... -memories/
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

the pieman wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:30 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:23 am Halifax used to be well supported in the late 80s.They always brought a massive away following at central park
I used to love the games v Halifax. As you say, big away following on the Kop at Central Park and great atmosphere at those games and Thrum Hall was a treat for any of our younger fans who havent yet visited some of the smaller clubs in Yorkshire with the Crown Flat a real treat :).

I've just found this article, which is a great little read, and many of us who attended Central park could write things very similar

Great article.Thrum hall was always one of my favourite away games as a kid.The slope was something else as i remember lol
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

A super read which brings back many happy memories - his observations on scarves, coaches and so on.

Having moved from Hindley Green to Morley in 1966, I took the opportunity to visit Yorkshire grounds - all of them eventually. I saw Billy B running down the slope at Mount Pleasant - if he hadn't managed to stop, he could have been the "turn" at Batley Variety Club down on Bradford Road! (Though I'm not sure if it was open then.)

I was at a ram-packed (pun intended) Crown Flatt in the 70s. Dewsbury, as reigning champions, had a game against the touring Aussies, with a certain Arthur Beetson in their team. (Mike Stevenson was the Dewsbury 9 that day.)

"Artie" was a man-mountain, and knew how to "put it about". A Dewsbury fan in the Long Stand repeatedly tried to draw the ref's attention to Artie's misdemeanours: "Watch that number 10 ref, watch that number 10" to the point where it felt like the record was stuck.

As the ref led the teams out for the second half, another bloke nearby shouted "Watch that number 10, ref!" to laughter all round.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

morley pie eater wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:27 am

A super read which brings back many happy memories - his observations on scarves, coaches and so on.

Having moved from Hindley Green to Morley in 1966, I took the opportunity to visit Yorkshire grounds - all of them eventually. I saw Billy B running down the slope at Mount Pleasant - if he hadn't managed to stop, he could have been the "turn" at Batley Variety Club down on Bradford Road! (Though I'm not sure if it was open then.)

I was at a ram-packed (pun intended) Crown Flatt in the 70s. Dewsbury, as reigning champions, had a game against the touring Aussies, with a certain Arthur Beetson in their team. (Mike Stevenson was the Dewsbury 9 that day.)

"Artie" was a man-mountain, and knew how to "put it about". A Dewsbury fan in the Long Stand repeatedly tried to draw the ref's attention to Artie's misdemeanours: "Watch that number 10 ref, watch that number 10" to the point where it felt like the record was stuck.

As the ref led the teams out for the second half, another bloke nearby shouted "Watch that number 10, ref!" to laughter all round.
great memories there Morley :)

I'm not quite a old (just turned 50) but have been fortunate enough to have been to many of the old grounds that we used to have in rugby, and its a shame that the game has had to move on as a lot of them grounds had character (&characters in them), but equally it had to, so that we can get it on TV / funding

i tell my daughter about being lifted over the turnstile as a young lad on a regular basis and the CC match at Oldham where we got beat, we only had 2 tickets between 2 adults / 2 kids, so i crawled under the turnstile to get in that night :)

and i think a general one for any ground we went to - the smell of winter green, that just said its game day :)
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

Halifax used to be well supported in the late 80s.They always brought a massive away following at central park

Like the first round of the Premiership, the week after they beat Saints at Wembley in 1987?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Stanfax wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:53 am Halifax used to be well supported in the late 80s.They always brought a massive away following at central park

Like the first round of the Premiership, the week after they beat Saints at Wembley in 1987?
That was a cracking game as i remember.We struggled to beat them and they packed the cop