Important Information: Season Tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Important Information: Season Tickets

Post by josie andrews »

moto748 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:56 pm Nothing on email or in the post today for me. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Me neither ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Had the emails this morning that I asked for physical card seems to have been forgotten about
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
eaststandspy

Post by eaststandspy »

Update to my earlier rant, I got my granddaughter to sort it for me. I've got it a a Samsung wallet. Melt down over.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

MaggieH wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:41 am Except they don't work if your phone does not have NFC capability!! Why can't there be a QR code? We weren't told not all phones would be compatible, what do I do now?
That sounds seriously advanced requirement. That entry method almost never works for me anywhere yet, there's always a backup barcode.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MaggieH

Post by MaggieH »

Mike wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:41 pm
MaggieH wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:41 am Except they don't work if your phone does not have NFC capability!! Why can't there be a QR code? We weren't told not all phones would be compatible, what do I do now?
That sounds seriously advanced requirement. That entry method almost never works for me anywhere yet, there's always a backup barcode.
Thank you for the response, can't understand why they have chosen this system. Us pensioners dont go in for expensive phones. 😂😂 but its mid range a fairly new. Used it for theatre, train tickets and boarding card with no issues. Let's hope they will send bar codes/QR codes, otherwise it will be bedlam at the turnstiles next week.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've just checked: my mid-range phone (Samsung A54-5g) has the NFC capability, but I've never used it.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I've got a new phone and I'm going to some of the most modern stadia and the NFC ticket never works. They have people stood next to the machines showing you how to get the barcode up because it obviously not very reliable! I just go to the barcode now. I think the problem for me is it keeps trying to use my credit card instead of the ticket or something.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I've just given up on mine, if it doesn't arrive and is messed up I'm asking for a refund and won't bother next year.

Straw on the Camels back got an email advertising hospitality before they have delivered my ticket.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's such a shame, this is such bad PR for the club when everything else is going so well.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i was down at the stadium yesterday collecting our tickets for Cas away

one couple at the front of the queue having issues, sounded like husband hadnt got his season ticket, and the seat had been sold for the Cas home game. They explained they'd been there for 20+ years with ST, and that the majority of people appeared to be in the right seats but a couple were sat differently as tickets had been sold to others - no major issue, they were just trying to get a resolution on husbands ticket

i was chatting with a couple behind me, father and daughter. Daughter had her ticket (paid for by dad) but dad had no ticket :). They were of the mind, bit of a PR disaster but as long as they got their tickets for Cas and all sorted for future games, then no issue