Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
medlocke

Re: Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Post by medlocke »

He's outdated, he's had his time, time to throw the towel in Tony and go back home to coach bush league
Firestarter

Re: Head coach Tony Smith leaves Hull FC after poor start to Super League season

Post by Firestarter »

I doubt any coach can get that squad anywhere near the playoffs
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:59 am He's outdated, he's had his time, time to throw the towel in Tony and go back home to coach bush league
Hey Meds, I'm certain he took British Nationality several years ago, but you're right, it's time to call it quits.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bill.inger wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:52 pm
medlocke wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:59 am He's outdated, he's had his time, time to throw the towel in Tony and go back home to coach bush league
Hey Meds, I'm certain he took British Nationality several years ago, but you're right, it's time to call it quits.
I think you might be correct, but given the choice of retirement in the UK or Australia I know where I'd be going :D
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

the pieman wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:29 am
fozzie58 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:24 pm That club is rotten to the core Pearson drones on about changing culture yet here he goes again getting rid of the coach a coach that for the most part have turned round the clubs he’s been at yet Hull the basket case of Super league defeats him
it does seem strange that in the main, they have seriously under achieved

Whilst it seems clear that Pearson puts money in, is he too influential with the signings (genuine question) as in he makes them and tells the coach to get on with it or does he listen to the coach, and backs them? From an outsider looking in, whilst they make some good signings, do they actually fit with the club ethos (if they currently have one) or just signings for signings sake
Listening to this weeks forty/20 podcast by all accounts Gareth Ellis has a book out and in it well hes less than complimentary than what he was promised when he signed etc, like I say I haven't read it but they do seem to continue to buy below par players while letting better ones go,Chris satea(sp?),Adam swift to name a couple of recent departures to me nothing has changed since Radford left they sign similar players, get nowhere and then sack the coach, to me the man at the top needs to take a long hard look in the mirror
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC to make Richie Myler rugby director with Leeds Rhinos investor linked

Exclusive: Myler is set to oversee all rugby-related at Hull FC moving forward, and his arrival could see a wealthy investor arrive at the MKM Stadium.

Richie Myler is set to be named as Hull FC's new director of rugby. Hull Live can exclusively reveal that the former Leeds Rhinos and Warrington Wolves player has been lined up to take the Black and Whites into a new era.

Myler, who is currently playing for York Knights, is already thought to have begun working behind the scenes for the club, and his appointment is expected to be announced in the next few days. His arrival will certainly catch many by surprise given his lack of experience in such a role, with Myler still playing to this day in the Championship.

But his appointment could relate to the potential new investment in the club that has been openly discussed in recent days. He is linked to Andrew Thirkill, the Leeds Rhinos President, and it's believed he could be among those interested in injecting money into the club. Owner Adam Pearson told BBC Humberside that there were three interested parties, with Thirkill believed to be among them. Last year he was named as Yorkshire's 42nd wealthiest businessman, with an estimated wealth of £180 million.

Myler, 33, has made over 300 appearances in his career, spending the vast majority of that at the top. He has played for Warrington Wolves, Salford Red Devils, Catalans Dragons and Leeds Rhinos, as well as representing England and Ireland. He has won the Challenge Cup twice during his career.

Pearson alluded on Friday night to the fact the new director of rugby needed to get out of his existing role. "We're going through a professional process," he told BBC Humberside. "As soon as the Director of Rugby can free himself up from his present contract, he will be able to emerge and will update everybody as to where we are in the process, but it's not going to be a long time."

Myler will now oversee the appointment of a head coach, the club's short and long-term recruitment as well as all performance matters relating to the club on-field activities.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... or-9222886
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Richie Myler???

Yes bags of experience in the director of rugby role
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Strange one that.Hull seem to think a name means everything.Unless they know something we dont
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

SALFORD RED DEVILS star Ryan Brierley has questioned the “crazy” rumoured appointment of Richie Myler as director of rugby at Hull FC.

Rugby League Live reported over the weekend that Myler was set to hang up his boots with the York Knights and move behind the scenes at the MKM Stadium in his first appointment in such a role.

Prior to Hull KR’s Challenge Cup quarter-final clash with Leigh Leopards, BBC host Tanya Arnold began discussing the potential appointment with pundits Brierley and Robbie Hunter-Paul.

On the potential appointment of Myler, Brierley questioned the news.

“It’s crazy that,” Brierley said. “I would be interested to see what qualifications Richie has with leading a massive club like that.

“I don’t know, again, I don’t think it will be a quick fix and I think it will take someone with a lot of credentials and qualifications.

“Whether Richie is that man remains to be seen.”

https://www.totalrl.com/salford-red-dev ... hie-myler/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:25 pm Strange one that.Hull seem to think a name means everything.Unless they know something we dont
Sam burgess,Wayne Bennett Mickey Mouse,Pluto there names mate..Richie Myler isn't :lol: