Semi final draw

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cherry toffee

Re: Semi final draw

Post by cherry toffee »

If it is at headingley again the club should insist we get a covered stand unlike last time. The difference noise wise is a big advantage and if it’s bad weather again it’s no fun trying to support the team in persistent rain
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Thats why it should be Huddersfield
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Headingley will get one of the games, I think that the RFL have to guarantee Leeds some income from the Challenge Cup.
It's going to be our game again, bigger crowd and more money for Leeds.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Headingley is fine but Wigan need to get in to the RFL and tell them in no uncertain terms that they’re not accepting the fans being put in the Western Terrace again. There is no reason whatsoever that they need to do it.

As for the game, HKR are a good side and look determined to try and win the trophy this year but we’ll want to avenge last years semi final loss. I watch them this year and they look good in most areas but the lack of a game manager could hurt them. They look disorganised at times.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:36 pm Maybe us at Huddersfield with Wire v Giants at Leeds
I think Wire will be going back to Saints. I quiet like the idea of Huddersfield though.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

If we get Headingley then surely it's Rovers' turn to have the uncovered terrace - I've only just dried out from last year! Wouldn't be surprised if the way they outnumbered us last year goes against us, though.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The semi-finals of both competitions will be played as Men’s/Women’s double-headers on Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 May. Venues and ticketing arrangements will be announced as early as possible this week.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
MjM

Post by MjM »

Ipinwigan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:03 pm Should be at Leigh this time, make them come over here.
Headingley is nearer the DW Stadium than Craven Park.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

MjM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:16 am
Ipinwigan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:03 pm Should be at Leigh this time, make them come over here.
Huddersfield is even nearer!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:05 am
MjM wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:16 am
Huddersfield is even nearer!
i think the original point being made is that the HKR fans should be made to travel. They did last year, further than we did and in better numbers, so a false argument

what i do think should be addressed and we all agree, is that if we play at Leeds again, then we should be given either the Eastern stand or South, and then if HKR sell more tickets, they can then have the Western terrace too. At least if we get the East stand, we have options for standing or seating

i'm just hoping we see the same demand as we had for GF / Leigh as we've sold plenty away tickets recently, and need to get big numbers to the semi too