Warrington v Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzie58

Warrington v Saints

Post by fozzie58 »

Wire giving St Helens a bit of a lesson this afternoon
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wiganer Ted

Re: Warrington v Saints

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Final score a surprise, 8-31 will give Saints something to think about and Wire plenty to celebrate.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Saints not at their best but that performance by wire must be the best by any team so far this season. Makes me sad to see Williams playing so well for another team. He was MOM by miles. When we play them (may not of course be in the CC) wire's left side attack will be a real test for Miski and Keighran.
jobo

Post by jobo »

George Williams was outstanding.

Thought Sts forwards would eventually overpower the Wire forwards, then Lomax and Dodd would do something.

Didn't happen and Dodd especially, with Lomax not too far behind him, looked very poor.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

The hunchback had an absolute stinker 🤣🤣🤣
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

I was to say the least sceptical of Burgess’s appointment but a couple of astute signings and they’re all singing off the same hymn sheet it seems
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Saints70

Post by Saints70 »

I think what a lot of us feared is coming to fruition, we are an ageing team with no pace and no threat from deep, i honestly cant remember the last time one of our backs went the lenth of the field.

Our recent signings have been baffling to say the least, mbye offers very little, whitley is too similar to bachelor and blake was just a panic signing as we had a quota spot open and it seemed anyome would do just to fill it.

I was against wellens appointment from the start , it never works at saints appointing ex players as a coach at saints for some reason, he is going down the Cunningham route of 5 drives and a kick or that pathetic inside ball that everyone knows.

FWIW I expect wigan to clean up this year and have 3 or 4 years of success, we need a reset, the bright news is that in harry robertson, george whitby, will roberts, junior sambou and vaughn we have an outstanding crop of kids coming through but it will take time.

On a side note , despite our success in superleague, 1 challenge cup in 16 years is a shocking return for a club like saints.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I would love to sound the wire horn but( having just watched the game) saints were awful and its possibly there worst performance for years.They wasnt interested for me.Forget what paid commentators say
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

southportcdm wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:27 pm Saints not at their best but that performance by wire must be the best by any team so far this season. Makes me sad to see Williams playing so well for another team. He was MOM by miles. When we play them (may not of course be in the CC) wire's left side attack will be a real test for Miski and Keighran.
do you honestly think wire were good? Saints were awful but, hey, thats your opinion so fair play
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I watched the recording and was glad to see a proper game of rugby, after watching the Cas capitulation. Saints out-enthused all over the park, discipline poor, and as for Williams v Lomax, it wasn't even a contest, was it? The chickens are coming home to roost for Wellens and his ageing squad. I can't imagine the howls on RedVee.