Isa injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
NICKYKISS

Re: Isa injury

Post by NICKYKISS »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:06 pm

None are near to being ready from what I’ve seen. The oldest is Finlay Beardsworth but from the bits I’ve seen, I can’t see him making the step up (hope I’m wrong).
Beardsworth is very good defensively but would need to improve go forward first. Chan can fill in as well. It's a good opportunity for Nsemba and Walters to stake a claim.
Will Peet play Nsemba though. My fear is that we'll see Bevan back on the wing in some bizzare reshuffle to get a Miski in the second row or something. At least next week is Cas so we should be good there, but will he trust Nsemba in any close matches. SO far the answer has been that he thinks he will (hence including NSemba on the bench) but when it comes down to it - definitely not (never bringing him on).
I think the last 2 games will have given Peet the confidence he needs to put full faith in him. Good Friday is Good Friday, it’s different and you can understand why Peet would be reluctant to put such an inexperienced player on to the field, to try and hold out for a win, with 12 men and playing with a referee who gave us absolutely nothing but he’s thrown him in to games early since then and Nsemba has been unplayable at times.

He’s a special talent Nsemba and the game is littered with examples of injuries opening up opportunities for young players, who’ve snatched it with both hands and I think he’ll do that. I’d rather have Isa available than not but even Isa himself would admit Nsemba is the future. I expect him and Walters will share that right sided spot and good luck to opposition teams defending against a fresh 6ft 5, quick back rower for 80 minutes. There will be no let up if they do share the role.
doc

Post by doc »

I think long term Jnr will end up on the left where he played for the academy and Walters on the right.
Stanfax

Post by Stanfax »

If it comes to pass, then that would surely be one of the tallest second row partnerships on record!
doc

Post by doc »

5 match ban for Noma.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:45 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:51 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:28 pm

Beardsworth is very good defensively but would need to improve go forward first. Chan can fill in as well. It's a good opportunity for Nsemba and Walters to stake a claim.
Will Peet play Nsemba though. My fear is that we'll see Bevan back on the wing in some bizzare reshuffle to get a Miski in the second row or something. At least next week is Cas so we should be good there, but will he trust Nsemba in any close matches. SO far the answer has been that he thinks he will (hence including NSemba on the bench) but when it comes down to it - definitely not (never bringing him on).
I think the last 2 games will have given Peet the confidence he needs to put full faith in him. Good Friday is Good Friday, it’s different and you can understand why Peet would be reluctant to put such an inexperienced player on to the field, to try and hold out for a win, with 12 men and playing with a referee who gave us absolutely nothing but he’s thrown him in to games early since then and Nsemba has been unplayable at times.

He’s a special talent Nsemba and the game is littered with examples of injuries opening up opportunities for young players, who’ve snatched it with both hands and I think he’ll do that. I’d rather have Isa available than not but even Isa himself would admit Nsemba is the future. I expect him and Walters will share that right sided spot and good luck to opposition teams defending against a fresh 6ft 5, quick back rower for 80 minutes. There will be no let up if they do share the role.
And weighing in at 17 stone 7lbs. The lad is still growing both physically and as a rugby player.