Isa injury

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzie58

Re: Isa injury

Post by fozzie58 »

I t always seemed to me that Isa was not a squad player but one of the first names on the team sheet for coach after coach at Wigan if anyone can make a comeback I suspect its Willie but it does look bad for sure.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
thomo

Post by thomo »

Is there any good second rows coming through that are ready for some 1st team game time?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

thomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:26 am Is there any good second rows coming through that are ready for some 1st team game time?
Nsemba now and Walters in two or three weeks!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Isa appeared to be looking round for someone in the tackle as it was straight in front of us. It didnt appear that there was anything untowards real time, with 2 sort of up top and 1 who went lower down (just watched it back on Wigan tv, and dont think anything untowards from any Cas player)

i dont think any of us know recovery time, but could be a season ender and, if it is the end of his career a disappointing way for it to finish. You cant fault his effort, commitment or fitness and he may not be everyones cup of tea, but we cant fault his commitment to the Wigan cause
thomo

Post by thomo »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am
thomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:26 am Is there any good second rows coming through that are ready for some 1st team game time?
After these 2 I was meaning
Jukesy

Post by Jukesy »

the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 am Isa appeared to be looking round for someone in the tackle as it was straight in front of us. It didnt appear that there was anything untowards real time, with 2 sort of up top and 1 who went lower down (just watched it back on Wigan tv, and dont think anything untowards from any Cas player)

i dont think any of us know recovery time, but could be a season ender and, if it is the end of his career a disappointing way for it to finish. You cant fault his effort, commitment or fitness and he may not be everyones cup of tea, but we cant fault his commitment to the Wigan cause
Cas player dives rather than staying on his feet, and as he dives he brings his knee forwards and drops it onto Isas ankle, and because he's off his feet his whole body weight lands through his knee onto Isas ankle

Careless at the very least, reckless even
endoman

Post by endoman »

Castleford Tigers prop Sylvester Namo has been given a Grade F charge for dangerous contact in their 60-6 Challenge Cup defeat by Wigan.
Namo was involved in the tackle that left Warriors second-rower Willie Isa with a dislocated ankle.
If he is found guilty of the charge he could face a ban of at least six games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/68809496
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Jukesy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:57 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:44 am Isa appeared to be looking round for someone in the tackle as it was straight in front of us. It didnt appear that there was anything untowards real time, with 2 sort of up top and 1 who went lower down (just watched it back on Wigan tv, and dont think anything untowards from any Cas player)

Cas player dives rather than staying on his feet, and as he dives he brings his knee forwards and drops it onto Isas ankle, and because he's off his feet his whole body weight lands through his knee onto Isas ankle

Careless at the very least, reckless even
Just seen been charged with grade F. I know at the game Isa had looked around, so wasnt happy, but i genuinely didnt think anything wrong with it. I've even watched it back again today, so need take another look
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fracture and dislocation, 100% a season ender.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

thomo wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:09 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:15 am
After these 2 I was meaning
None are near to being ready from what I’ve seen. The oldest is Finlay Beardsworth but from the bits I’ve seen, I can’t see him making the step up (hope I’m wrong).