CCSF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: CCSF

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Graham1 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:06 pm I’m with you josie. We have a 2 hour drive to Doncaster and half the time from Hull. Huddersfield would have been a fairer choice distance wise. And yes why play the women’s semi final at a different ground.
Huddersfield would also have been a better choice access wise.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm Sorry - have I got this right? Our women play at Saints and our men at Doncaster? Are they mad?
No, just stupid!
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:12 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:02 pm Sorry - have I got this right? Our women play at Saints and our men at Doncaster? Are they mad?
No, just stupid!
😂😂😂 your not wrong
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes that’s right!! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 pm I’ve not half give them a mouthful at the RFL on Twitter

And to rub salt in they’ve put Wigan Women playing at Saints before the Wire game!!

Why not play both Wigan teams at the same venue!
It would have made sense to play both Wigan games on the same day and at the same venue but it probably would still have been at Doncaster. I don’t know why Huddersfield isn’t available but surely you can’t expect HKR supporters to drive 120 miles to St Helens which is only about 9 miles from Wigan.
Bob the Builder

Post by Bob the Builder »

I suspect it is because to have Warriors Women at Doncaster would have meant Stains Women playing at Totally Wicked (their home ground) so not neutral and I guess York would not have been too impressed.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Bob the Builder wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:58 pm I suspect it is because to have Warriors Women at Doncaster would have meant Stains Women playing at Totally Wicked (their home ground) so not neutral and I guess York would not have been too impressed.
Fair point.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 pm I’ve not half give them a mouthful at the RFL on Twitter

And to rub salt in they’ve put Wigan Women playing at Saints before the Wire game!!

It would have made sense to play both Wigan games on the same day and at the same venue but it probably would still have been at Doncaster. I don’t know why Huddersfield isn’t available but surely you can’t expect HKR supporters to drive 120 miles to St Helens which is only about 9 miles from Wigan.
But we have to travel almost 90 miles to Doncaster while HKR are just half that distance. We always have to travel bloody Yorkshite!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm
Karl Carpenter wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:23 pm

But we have to travel almost 90 miles to Doncaster while HKR are just half that distance. We always have to travel bloody Yorkshite!
Have to agree Josie not sure where and what’s fair about Wigan fans having to travel twice the distance yet again,then they wonder why Wigan don’t travel to this sort of game in greater numbers?
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Do we know when the tickets go on sale?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE