CCSF

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Charriots Offiah

Re: CCSF

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Has the time come for neutral venues to be ditched? Especially if the RFL are concerned about attendances.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

If memory serves me right it was 1992 semi final versus Bradford at Bolton, that was the last time we played a Yorkshire team in a semi in Lancashire
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:51 am Do we know when the tickets go on sale?
Think it’s today they are at HKR ko 1.45
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:51 am Do we know when the tickets go on sale?
Think it’s today they are at HKR ko 1.45
Cheers
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:50 pm If memory serves me right it was 1992 semi final versus Bradford at Bolton, that was the last time we played a Yorkshire team in a semi in Lancashire
Didn't we play Leeds at St Helens about 6yr ago?
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

No we played Leeds at Huddersfield but that was a while ago
Hattster

Post by Hattster »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 pm No we played Leeds at Huddersfield but that was a while ago
We played at St Helens behind closed doors in 2020
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Forgot about that one, but was thinking more about the fans and travelling over there
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The last 7 major rugby league games played at Doncaster’s Eco-Power Stadium and what happened

Yesterday’s announcement of the Challenge Cup semi-final venues made it official that Wigan Warriors and Hull KR fans would be making the trip to Doncaster’s Eco-Power Stadium on May 18 as their teams jostle for a spot at Wembley.

And while reaction to that venue announcement has been mixed on social media, it got us thinking… which other major rugby league games has the ground hosted?

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/th ... t-happened
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

According to Google, Huddersfield is 76 miles from Hull and 41 miles from Wigan. Doncaster is 47 from Hull and 83 from Wigan.
I guess the size of the ground is better for TV, and that cost and availability have to be factored in too.
Having us playing at St Helens would cause outrage amongst the Rovers fans, and having Wire and Huddersfield playing in Yorkshire would be plain daft as Fartown is the nearest Yorkshire club to the Lancashire* border, whilst Hull KR is furthest.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐