Squad v Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Karl Carpenter

Re: Squad v Castleford

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 am One for the referees on this forum; was Nsemba’s tackle on Charbel Tasipale a hip drop?
Thankfully no case to answer so common sense has prevailed. By the way, there’s an interesting video on YouTube by the NRL which explains what is a hip drop and what isn’t.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:39 pm
Karl Carpenter wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:51 am One for the referees on this forum; was Nsemba’s tackle on Charbel Tasipale a hip drop?
Thankfully no case to answer so common sense has prevailed. By the way, there’s an interesting video on YouTube by the NRL which explains what is a hip drop and what isn’t.
Where is the link please?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm
Just go onto YouTube and search “NRL hip drop tackle”.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:49 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 pm
EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:45 pm

It will fall under the banner of dangerous contact and I'm fairly sure Nsemba's tackle will see him get banned. If Tasipale is out for a while it could be lengthy like the Cas players following the tackle on Isa.

Both his legs leave the ground as he swings his body around which puts all his body weight on the players knees while also causing a twisting motion. Seems a fairly clear mechanism to cause injury.

It's going to test our depth in the back row if he does get banned. I don't think Walters is ready to return and there's no obvious candidate to replace him (given Chan has been pretty poor in all his outings so far).
There is absolutely no comparison between the tackles.
I didn't compare the tackles
Sorry you didn’t,I apologise. Regarding the tackle, I couldn’t disagree with you more. Injuries are part and parcel of the game.
Charriots Offiah

It is not common sense, Junior did not commit foul play.
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:59 pm
Just going off some of the tackles that have be judged as illegal this season it wouldn’t have surprised me if it had been construed as one.
Charriots Offiah

Karl Carpenter wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:16 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:59 pm
Just going off some of the tackles that have be judged as illegal this season it wouldn’t have surprised me if it had been construed as one.
I agree with you Karl but that is the farcical mentality we have fallen into.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:29 pm
https://www.nrl.com/operations/judiciar ... /#HipDrops
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Is that for certain? I've been checking the RFL pages and the only charges mentioned for this week relate to the Cats v HKR game.
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:07 pm
Is that for certain? I've been checking the RFL pages and the only charges mentioned for this week relate to the Cats v HKR game.
I think that’s all there is from the weekend.