Isa

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Isa

Post by josie andrews »

fozzie58 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:09 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 am I'd like to think we have more class than to dump a player who has played and given his all to the club for 9 years because he got injured during a game. We have enough cover
I was going to put something similar but had a bit more swearing in so I didn't post it. :lol:
Why do you think I haven’t replied to this thread except to answer you 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Im still wondering why we need to dip into the transfer market?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am Im still wondering why we need to dip into the transfer market?
Current options are Nsemba, Farrell, Beardsworth with maybe trying Eckersley or Chan?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

widdenoldboy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:02 am
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:36 am Im still wondering why we need to dip into the transfer market?
Current options are Nsemba, Farrell, Beardsworth with maybe trying Eckersley or Chan?
Wasnt aware eckersley could play there but fair enough.Chan will most likely be the main candidate although we might be tempted to put a running prop there like dupree.Miski is a long shot but with walters due soon theres definitely no need to panic.Like i posted earlier im sure we will be assessing isas injury which is hopefully not career ending
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If we're looking to strengthen the second row then why not Dupree?
We have Havard back this week, Byrne next week, Dupree is powerful and has pace for a forward.
There has been some very astute signings made and Dupree is certainly one of them.
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

My point exactly, also add in Walters, that is possibly 5 into two positions, why would we feel the need to deregister Isa and sign another player with the cap space
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm
My point exactly, also add in Walters, that is possibly 5 into two positions, why would we feel the need to deregister Isa and sign another player with the cap space
Because we will be without Isa's experience?, add the possibility of Farrell calling it a day as well, a seasoned veteran might be a savvy signing
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:00 pm

Because we will be without Isa's experience?, add the possibility of Farrell calling it a day as well, a seasoned veteran might be a savvy signing
Faz hasn't called a day on playing yet and if it is the end of next season as someone suggested then one of either Nsemba or Walters will be two years wiser, to me signing an 'experienced' player just blocks the pathway for those coming through in that position, the only way you get experience is by playing so I don't think putting those already at the club down the pecking order is the way to go
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:06 pm
Wasnt aware eckersley could play there but fair enough.Chan will most likely be the main candidate although we might be tempted to put a running prop there like dupree.Miski is a long shot but with walters due soon theres definitely no need to panic.Like i posted earlier im sure we will be assessing isas injury which is hopefully not career ending
Damn, forgot to add Walters into the mix, also Finn Irwin had a good game v Cas Reserves - TBF I haven't seen much more of him.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I don’t think Wigan will release or deregister Isa in order to sign another player.

They might if this is a career ending injury or if he himself decides to call it a day as a result.

I am not sure exactly how it works as regards the salary cap but I think if a player is out long term injured clubs can deregister them. This would then allow them to use the cap space on an existing player, meaning give junior player more games which would mean they would end up being paid more wages which would impact the cap.

If that is how it works, it would just be good squad management if Isa was deregistered while injured not an insult to the player.