Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
endoman

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Post by endoman »

fozzie58 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm
endoman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm I’d rather lose this one than the next one against them. Only positive I can take.
I have very little confidence that Wigan will manage to beat them in that game frankly
Time will tell, I don’t think they had this marked as a “A” game. I wouldn’t get too down on things. I had bad races when I competed at a national level, I didn’t do it on purpose, I aimed to peak 3 or 4 times a season. We could be in the middle of a big training block that will pay off when it really matters.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Sorry, but the last few posters saying "Don't panic" need to learn a thing or two. You should try "Woe is me", "We're doomed, doomed", or "The end is nigh".

Next thing you'll be telling us to give it a week or two and see how things are going then, or that this has happened before and we'll pull ourselves out of it. Come on lads, get a grip!
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Very poor performance against the first decent side we have faced bar Saints. Not looked convincing since London as someone else said. As to peeking for the WCC, that is not excuse. it was weeks ago.

Peter’s had the tactics spot on and I am afraid as well as being outplayed Wigan were easily out coached.

I hope it will be different but I have seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest the result will be different in the semi final.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

w.thomas wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm There’s no positives to be taken from that performance. Absolute disgrace. We have no chance of beating them in the cup going off that weak effort. Beaten in every department, outplayed, out coached and out enthused. Embarrassing
We’ll beat them
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 pm Very poor performance against the first decent side we have faced bar Saints. Not looked convincing since London as someone else said. As to peeking for the WCC, that is not excuse. it was weeks ago.

Peter’s had the tactics spot on and I am afraid as well as being outplayed Wigan were easily out coached.

I hope it will be different but I have seen nothing in recent weeks to suggest the result will be different in the semi final.
We were ordinary at London and really good at Leigh 3 weeks ago and Cas 2 weeks ago, so that doesn’t make any sense.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:24 pm Very poor performance against the first decent side we have faced bar Saints. Not looked convincing since London as someone else said. As to peeking for the WCC, that is not excuse. it was weeks ago.

We were ordinary at London and really good at Leigh 3 weeks ago and Cas 2 weeks ago, so that doesn’t make any sense.
Leigh and Cas were very poor although we even made Cas look good with a very unconvincing performance last week. We have played two sides who look decent and have lost to both.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

endoman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm
fozzie58 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm
endoman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm I’d rather lose this one than the next one against them. Only positive I can take.
I have very little confidence that Wigan will manage to beat them in that game frankly
Time will tell, I don’t think they had this marked as a “A” game. I wouldn’t get too down on things. I had bad races when I competed at a national level, I didn’t do it on purpose, I aimed to peak 3 or 4 times a season. We could be in the middle of a big training block that will pay off when it really matters.
For me mate its more that KR have to hex on wigan at present, its all fine and dandy when they. travel here but on the road it all seems to go wrong for Wigan and given Wigans poor farmland it has been even with the wins im far from confident that they can overcome KR,theres no rhyme or reason to it is there every team in all sports have a bogey side to me KR is Wigans at present.
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
WIGIAN13

Post by WIGIAN13 »

Schooled by two half backs three if you count Willie Peters . Ran us ragged off loads killed our defence . Hate him but Lewis pissed all over Bevan , why didn't we bring Harry Smith on ? Oh hang on he was on the pitch , missed that. Here's an idea try and get a repeat set on tackle 5 and some possession.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

DaveO wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:38 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:27 pm

Leigh and Cas were very poor although we even made Cas look good with a very unconvincing performance last week. We have played two sides who look decent and have lost to both.
I don’t disagree that we’ve come up short in the two toughest league fixtures we’ve faced but the point stands. You said we’ve not been convincing since London, yet we were average that day and absolutely battered Leigh and Cas in the last few weeks.

There is no need for OTT reactions. We’ve had a different start to the season due to the Penrith game and we’ve been up and down. We were the same last season, yet didn’t have the excuse of a WCC game and we got the job done. The players have earned some trust and to have an off day. I’m convinced tonight will help us in that Cup semi in a few weeks and we’ll see a contest worlds away from tonight. I gave full faith in them all and they’ll take us to Wembley.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzie58 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:55 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm
Barney841 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm I will say I’ve never been convinced having French at halfback
Me neither but on a good note i reckon we will smash these men in the semi
I don’t and I think we agreed to disagree last season on the score 😂we shall see
Keep the faith fozzie you can remind me after the semi 😂
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE