Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: Wigan squad for Hull KR (R9)

Post by Flash »

the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm i've just watched 2nd half on my dinner
I usually watch it on my TV or computer* :lol:

*Sorry, couldn't resist
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Flash wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:20 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:33 pm i've just watched 2nd half on my dinner
I usually watch it on my TV or computer* :lol:

*Sorry, couldn't resist
:) :) thought it may be better on my dinner as i like my food :)
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Mike wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:38 pm It was notable to me how many problems their offloads caused us, and how little we offload. I'm not sure we had one from the forwards all match this week.
one very lucky one from Mago early in the 2nd half. Passed it through his legs to Leeming who got away with a knock on

but in general we really struggled with their offload and i think i put that in one of my early comments that we had 3 men in the tackle and they were easily getting it out and keeping them on the front foot with momentum

i think we are all hoping with Mago, Nsemba and Cooper on the pitch that we have the players to be able to offload in the tackle, and equally with French and Field sniffing around the players in support to make it a lethal weapon for us
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Just got round to watching match as its the first chance ive had.Not as bad as i expected tbh.We wernt miles off but a few players were poor like faz, smith ,keighran, ellis, dupree and french.Cant believe mago and leeming took stick as they were very good.One thing i did notice was how far offside KR were on our first two ptbs.They would never have got away with this at our place for sure.We wasnt great but i think a lot went for them and im still saying i fancy us big time in the semi( take note fozzy lol)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Oddly I thought Mago had a good game so was a little surprised at people moaning about him
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He's the only forward with visible impact at the minute.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:58 pm Just got round to watching match as its the first chance ive had.Not as bad as i expected tbh.We wernt miles off but a few players were poor like faz, smith ,keighran, ellis, dupree and french.Cant believe mago and leeming took stick as they were very good.One thing i did notice was how far offside KR were on our first two ptbs.They would never have got away with this at our place for sure.We wasnt great but i think a lot went for them and im still saying i fancy us big time in the semi( take note fozzy lol)
I did wonder about their "exceptional" line speed but not had the desire to rewatch the game :?
Got to question how we ended up 5-2 on the first half penalty count ;)
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Let's see if the off-loads come back in the Cup tie. Or, more importantly, that we stop theirs!
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm I’d like to see Field just keep things really simple this week and sniff around the ball carriers to try and take any offloads or follow up breaks/half breaks. We made a few on Friday and we had guys like Faz backing up but there was no sign of Field. His biggest attribute for me in his time here has been a willingness to keep making runs off the ball, regardless of him getting the pass or not. He rarely seems to be in the picture so far this season and I can only think he’s not 100% fit, which does seem to have been rumoured.

I did think the second half on Friday was just about his most threatening half of rugby this season (with Leigh being his best all round game) but it was a bit frenetic as you say and he just needs to settle down. He seems a really honest lad and I get the feeling he might just be trying a bit too hard to make things happen. If anyone has earned a so so period of form it’s Field to be fair to the guy.
I think the 2nd half is the first time we've really seen Field have the confidence to stretch his legs this season - he's obviously been nursing a tight hamstring for quite a while and hopefully the couple of games rest has sorted him out.

He's such an unselfish player - as you say , he makes so many runs off the ball and makes space for other to score just by threatening to take the line on.

I was happy to see him look to get on the outside of the defender in the 2nd half - and with a bit of luck we could have easily scored a couple from hie breaks.

Im hoping we start to play a more offloading game especially when Walters is back as Field should be on his shoulder all the time.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Big Steve wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm I’d like to see Field just keep things really simple this week and sniff around the ball carriers to try and take any offloads or follow up breaks/half breaks. We made a few on Friday and we had guys like Faz backing up but there was no sign of Field. His biggest attribute for me in his time here has been a willingness to keep making runs off the ball, regardless of him getting the pass or not. He rarely seems to be in the picture so far this season and I can only think he’s not 100% fit, which does seem to have been rumoured.

I did think the second half on Friday was just about his most threatening half of rugby this season (with Leigh being his best all round game) but it was a bit frenetic as you say and he just needs to settle down. He seems a really honest lad and I get the feeling he might just be trying a bit too hard to make things happen. If anyone has earned a so so period of form it’s Field to be fair to the guy.
I think the 2nd half is the first time we've really seen Field have the confidence to stretch his legs this season - he's obviously been nursing a tight hamstring for quite a while and hopefully the couple of games rest has sorted him out.

He's such an unselfish player - as you say , he makes so many runs off the ball and makes space for other to score just by threatening to take the line on.

I was happy to see him look to get on the outside of the defender in the 2nd half - and with a bit of luck we could have easily scored a couple from hie breaks.

Im hoping we start to play a more offloading game especially when Walters is back as Field should be on his shoulder all the time.
Sam Walters is the player I thought was going to be our best sigining, so really looking forward to him being in the team.
Hopefully he and other forwards can play an offloading game, with runners off them.
A second row of Walters and Nsemba could be a fantastic second row.