Stains v Hudds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
robbobillinge

Stains v Hudds

Post by robbobillinge »

See the score
Wigan1

Re: Stains v Hudds

Post by Wigan1 »

Someone needs to teach Bibby to catch. He’s been awful.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

All square now
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Liam Moore does not like Jake Connor.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Wigan1 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm Liam Moore does not like Jake Connor.
I’m no fan of Connor myself but I do feel he’s had a point tonight Clark has been an utter gobshite all night long can’t stand it when it gets petulant like this
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
Wigan1

Post by Wigan1 »

Liam Moore has been absolutely shocking tonight. Used to think he was one of our better refs but he has been a real homer today. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Watson complain about a few things.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It was on in the pub, and I was only half-watching, and I didn't see the winning score, but from what I saw, Saints had loads of field position in the second half and didn't show much idea of how to convert it into points. I thought they looked very clunky, and discipline was again a bit iffy.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Jake Connor once again proves that he can be a match winner, either for his team or the opposition.
Once a team get under his skin he is a complete liability and in this game ended up costing Huddersfield the game, with his petulant child routine :lol:
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

i only watched the 1st half

Saints were p*** poor and a lucky (well timed) interception got them on the score board. If Makinson missed, it was probably 18-0 at that point. Defensively the were fast up, and Hudds struggled unless they moved it to their left (and missed Bibby out - had an absolute mare, think he only kept hold of the ball once all 1st half) where they had quite a bit of success making yards / breaking the Saints defence

Saints attack was non-existent, and Hudds easily kept them out for the 1st 40 mins (bar the interception)

Atmosphere absolute w***. Didnt think there were any Saints fans in there with the 50 Hudds fans
endoman

Post by endoman »

Ipinwigan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:15 am Jake Connor once again proves that he can be a match winner, either for his team or the opposition.
Once a team get under his skin he is a complete liability and in this game ended up costing Huddersfield the game, with his petulant child routine :lol:
Insightful stuff from Richard Silverwood on X. His other posts are worth reading re last night also.

“Jake lad….if you’re going to give it you have to be able to take it. Great talent but a shit house“

https://x.com/silversref/status/1783593 ... 97esTzwE3Q