Mikey Lewis is a genius

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Mikey Lewis is a genius

Post by josie andrews »

fozzie58 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:45 pm Amazing it’s not that long ago stewards and KR would come on the coach and thank us for visiting how times change
They used to do the same at Hull FC, they still thank us 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Rugby Football League to investigate Hull KR and St Helens crowd trouble

Footage on social media has shown unsavoury scenes at Craven Park

The Rugby Football League will be talking to both Hull KR and St Helens following unsavoury scenes after the Super League match between the two clubs over the weekend. Footage of crowd trouble after the hooter had sounded at Craven Park has emerged online which shows supporters from both clubs involved in a heated incident.

That footage has now made its way to the governing body who are set to investigate and could result in a fine for the Robins, given they are already in a period of a suspended sentence for a previous incident.

When contacted by Rugby League Live, an RFL spokesperson said: “After becoming aware of disturbing clips on social media from Saturday’s match, the RFL will be contacting both clubs for their observations, in addition to considering the usual reports.”

Footage that has circulated on social media appears to show supporters being held back and bottles being thrown.

It came after an excellent win for Rovers as they defeated St Helens 40-20, a victory that moved them to the top of Super League. They have now defeated Saints and Wigan Warriors back-to-back and will look to further add to that impressive sequence when they take on Sam Burgess' Warrington Wolves side on Thursday.

The Wire, who are also joint top with five other sides, host the Robins with both sides knowing they will be outright leaders, for 24 hours at least, if they are victorious at the Halliwell Jones Stadium.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... le-9267765
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

unfortunately both Hull clubs have a bit of a reputation for trouble. I've been to both clubs regularly since the mid-80s and even was semi threatened at a GB match at Hull as i had my Wigan shirt on (bit of tongue in cheek though from a 70 odd year old that he'd knock f&&& out of me if it wasnt a GB match)

over recent years with the KC stadium the appearance of trouble has been far less, as its a lot easier to segregate away fans from the home fans, but feels like KR have gone away from that, even though they used to let home fans easily access that away end by the estuary

back onto Mikey Lewis, he's certainly got some talent and a right little wind up merchant. we need to target him legally in the semi, and get him wound up, and not fall for his niggling tactics or we'll end up with 12 cos the refs will buy it
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Maybe a common theme for us/saints was a too passive defence, I didn't take much notice of how Cats beat HKR - anyone see that game?