Keighran: Big challenge

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Keighran: Big challenge

Post by josie andrews »

* Adam Keighran is looking forward to the challenge Wigan Warriors face against Huddersfield Giants on Saturday afternoon.

* Keighran: “It will be a big challenge for us to keep the momentum going from the Catalans win but it’s one that we are looking forward.”

* Watch the full interview on Wigan TV HERE.

ADAM KEIGHRAN IS LOOKING FORWARD TO THE CHALLENGE WIGAN WARRIORS FACE IN SATURDAY’S BETFRED SUPER LEAGUE CLASH AGAINST HUDDERSFIELD GIANTS.

The Warriors travel to the John Smith’s Stadium to face the Giants for a second time this season following a 30-16 win on home soil in Round 3.

Looking ahead to the Round 11 meeting in West Yorkshire, Keighran said: “Huddersfield are a good side with quality players across the park who like to move the ball as well as playing direct. It will be a big challenge for us to keep the momentum going from the Catalans win but it’s one that we are looking forward.”

Reflecting on Wigan’s victory over Catalans Dragons last time out, Keighran added: “We started a little slow in the first half due to discipline and errors but in the second half we really turned it around. In the end it was a good way to bounce back from the Hull KR loss.”

On settling into the side, Keighran said: “Now that I’ve got my bearings on how quick Bevan [French] and Jai [Field] actually are I’m understanding more where I need to put myself. I think we’ve made big improvements since playing Huddersfield in Round 3 and now we are looking forward to getting out there and seeing how far we have come.”

Speaking on his time at the Warriors so far, the centre said: “I’m loving my time here. I was welcomed in pretty quickly but now it’s even more special that I’m feeling more part of the group. A lot of things in life both on and off the field are going well so I cannot complain.”

Full match previews with Matt Peet and Adam Keighran are available to watch on Wigan TV HERE.

Adam Keighran is sponsored by ASAP Scaffolding

https://wiganwarriors.com/blog/2024/05/ ... challenge/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Keighran: Big challenge

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Keighran definitely had his best game last Thursday against Cats. He's improved massively since he first arrived
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think it always takes a little while for some Aussies to settle.its not just the playing time but also managing to settle their home life too when you have a young family. I like Adam 🥰
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

My only issue with Keighran is he always has a penalty in him and he could do with getting that bit of him game improved.

Other than that while not of the same class as King (who is one of the best in SL IMO) hes a good quality player
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:08 am My only issue with Keighran is he always has a penalty in him and he could do with getting that bit of him game improved.

Other than that while not of the same class as King (who is one of the best in SL IMO) hes a good quality player
i personally think they are different types of centres. King made lots of yards coming out from our line last year, but wasnt really a wingers centre, despite offloading quite a lot in the tackle. I think Keighran has an extra yard of pace, and once we start to see a bit more of him will be more like a traditional centre taking on his opposite number and feeding his winger
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wanna see him in space and see if hes got a step ,and any pace.Hes definitely improving
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think he's maybe a more skilful player than King, but whether he's more effective is moot.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

He certainly has a step. While he doesn't have exceptional high end speed he isn't a slouch either. He has a very high rugby iq I think it's called these days. Watching him at Cats last season he reads the game well and doesn't often make the wrong choices. I think we need to remember he's switching this season not only to a new club, country and new team mates, but also switching to the right having operated on the left. I'm surprised at the moment we haven't utilised his open play kicking game just as an extra option as I know he's done that before. I think it'll still be a few months before we see the best of him
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He reminds me of a Joel Tomkins type player better than average and has a skill set but you can almost bank on a high tackle every match to varying severity
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Tbf Keighran has played pretty comfortably in the halves in the NRL. I think that's a bit beyond Joel Tomkins' skill-set.