Harvie Wilson?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Harvie Wilson?

Post by southportcdm »

I see that Harvie Wilson has signed for Salford. Hill is clearly are best young prop but I don't know much about Wilson. What's the general feeling, is he a big loss or is Makin the better prospect?
josie andrews

Re: Harvie Wilson?

Post by josie andrews »

HARVEY WILSON SIGNS FOR SALFORD RED DEVILS

We are delighted to reveal the signing of Harvey Wilson from Wigan Warriors.

The 20-year-old has joined the club immediately for the remainder of 2024 and will also be part of Paul Rowley’s playing squad for 2025.

Wilson is a young forward who started his career at Clock Face Miners, Orrell St James and Siddal, before signing for Wigan in 2020.

Since his move into the Warriors Scholarship programme, Wilson has enjoyed loan spells at Oldham Roughyeds, Widnes Vikings and most recently, Bradford Bulls.

The youngster has already linked-up with his new teammates for training and will continue his exciting development under our coaching staff.

In reaction to joining Salford Red Devils, Wilson has said: “I am really looking forward to joining Salford.

“I can’t wait to get into it and take any opportunity I can to help the club. I am looking forward to playing with the lads and in front of the fans!”

Head Coach, Paul Rowley has added: “I am pleased to welcome Harvey to the club. He’s a very determined young player who will be a great addition to our group.”

Director of Rugby & Operations, Ian Blease has also said: “I would like to welcome Harvey and his family to Salford Red Devils.

“Harvey will now get the opportunity to position himself within our team and bolster our forward pack for the remainder of this season, and next.

“Harvey comes in off his growing reputation within the game, and I am really excited to see how he grabs this opportunity.

“Finally, I would like to say thank you Kris Radlinski and the Wigan club for allowing Harvey to take up this position at the Red Devils!”

Everyone at Salford would like to welcome Harvey to the club and look forward to seeing his progression over the next 18 months.

https://salfordreddevils.net/harvey-wil ... ed-devils/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Re: Harvie Wilson?

Post by widdenoldboy »

Another complement to our Youth set up - Harvie is a great prospect but his path is blocked here by very great prospects. Salford have themselves a good'un.