REFEREE FOR FRIENDLY!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

REFEREE FOR FRIENDLY!

Post by turf »

Not a bad choice actually. The referee for the friendly between Leigh and Wigan Warriors is none other than Steve Ganson.
FROM A TO B

Re: REFEREE FOR FRIENDLY!

Post by FROM A TO B »

mmmmm Wigan Leigh, not what you would call a friendly!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

Post by turf »

Perhaps not. That is why the RFL have put Ganson in charge, because should it explode, then Ganson can deal with the culprits, where as Kirkpatrick, would just split them apart, pat the culprits on the back and carry on with the game.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

turf posted:
Perhaps not. That is why the RFL have put Ganson in charge, because should it explode, then Ganson can deal with the culprits, where as Kirkpatrick, would just split them apart, pat the culprits on the back and carry on with the game.
I have always thought Ganson was totally ineffective in a game that actually needed refereeing.

If the game goes without incident he manages to stay pretty anonymous. If he actually has to make a decision that is when things come unstuck!

He is useless IMO and I really wish he would swan off to Australia as was rumoured a while back.

Dave
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

DaveO posted:
turf posted:
I have always thought Ganson was totally ineffective in a game that actually needed refereeing.

If the game goes without incident he manages to stay pretty anonymous. If he actually has to make a decision that is when things come unstuck!

He is useless IMO and I really wish he would swan off to Australia as was rumoured a while back.

Dave
Send all the refs to Austrilia and lets do what they do in junior rugby where the coach from the home team is the referee, that will make the game more fair.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Can he take pie eater with him :)
No, no, no...train Pie eaters to be a ref! Bearing in mind he couldn't ref our games.....[/quote]
willie c

Post by willie c »

DaveO posted:
turf posted:

Dave
poor old ganson wonder why nobody likes him i feel sorry for him
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
GeoffN posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted: Can he take pie eater with him :)
No, no, no...train Pie eaters to be a ref! Bearing in mind he couldn't ref our games.....
Not a bad idea,we could give him the verbals in person then![/quote]CAN I HAVE A JOB :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

willie c posted:
He's alright as a person, I remember he did a kind of stand-up routine at an event for Mick Cassidy's testimonial and he was quite funny. It's just that when he goes on the rugby pitch to referee things seem to go wrong. He's now the senior referee, I guess, but he doesn't seem any better than his less experienced colleagues. He picks on the slightest technical offence at the expense of significant indiscretions, and his positioning is amongst the worst of all referees - it amazes me how many times a season does he get in the way of the play, or is completely unsighted for try decisions.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
willie c

Post by willie c »

Fraggle posted:
willie c posted:
He's alright as a person, I remember he did a kind of stand-up routine at an event for Mick Cassidy's testimonial and he was quite funny. It's just that when he goes on the rugby pitch to referee things seem to go wrong. He's now the senior referee, I guess, but he doesn't seem any better than his less experienced colleagues. He picks on the slightest technical offence at the expense of significant indiscretions, and his positioning is amongst the worst of all referees - it amazes me how many times a season does he get in the way of the play, or is completely unsighted for try decisions.
maybe being a referee is still part of his stand up act :lol:
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra