Re: Millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Is it true Ian Millward has put together a small committe of players who he can bounce ideas off such as training techniques, social aspects and tactics etc.

the committe is made up of Sean Oloughlin, Bryan Fletcher,mickey higham,Kev Brown and Kris Radlinski

Sounds like a good idea
Sounds like a clique to me. Kevin Brown as well???? What does he know?

While a coach ought to be approachable and open to suggestions from players he doesn't need a committee to get that. The players he should be expected to be discussing things within a formal structure are his captain and vice captain.

Having other players in some sort of inner circle will just lead to accusations of favouritism IMO.

Dave
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Who is vice captain? Radlinski?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

DaveO posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Is it true Ian Millward has put together a small committe of players who he can bounce ideas off such as training techniques, social aspects and tactics etc.

the committe is made up of Sean Oloughlin, Bryan Fletcher,mickey higham,Kev Brown and Kris Radlinski

Sounds like a good idea
Sounds like a clique to me. Kevin Brown as well???? What does he know?

While a coach ought to be approachable and open to suggestions from players he doesn't need a committee to get that. The players he should be expected to be discussing things within a formal structure are his captain and vice captain.

Having other players in some sort of inner circle will just lead to accusations of favouritism IMO.

Dave
Refering to the player committee. Seems a good idea to me. Every team will have it's natural groups and as such Millward should be able to get feedback via this committee from players at all levels and ages. If we get the same sort of player camaradery (does this web page have a spell checker), that they had at stains, then that's fine by me.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I would have thought Millward would have accept feedback from all members of the squad. Any good manager will take all feedback on board, whether it be positive or negative, and decide whether it is worth acting on.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

robjoenz posted:
I would have thought Millward would have accept feedback from all members of the squad. Any good manager will take all feedback on board, whether it be positive or negative, and decide whether it is worth acting on.
I have no doubt that IM would agree with you, but having specific players that can liase with thw manager and take forward both positive and negative feedback stops it becoming a shouting match, as can happen. It also means that people can raise greivances with relative anonymity should they feel it necessary
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09