Re: Leigh Game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I know its the first game back, but we need to win this game convincingly,obviously it has no bearing at all on how we fair in SL this season But i do think it would go someway of showing the progress made under millward and hopefully show that Wigan are out to make a statement this year.

What do you all think
The Leigh game is just about getting the new players to have at least 40 mins playing together and getting to know how they play.

If all of Wigans players play to there potential this year then we will be unbeatable, the problems is getting the player to play to their potential if three is one person who can do that it's Millward.
superleague

Post by superleague »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I know its the first game back, but we need to win this game convincingly,obviously it has no bearing at all on how we fair in SL this season But i do think it would go someway of showing the progress made under millward and hopefully show that Wigan are out to make a statement this year.

What do you all think
i see what u mean about hammering them but i think we should just let the score board take care of itself this game is about getting rid of some of that ring rust and letting the players try to gel with each other.
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

How many fans are going to make the trip to see the first outing of the 2006 Superleague Champions. I hope there's a lot so they can say they went to the first game as well as the final.
Pain is temporary pride is forever
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wigan 42-12 my score :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

mike binder posted:
wigan 42-12 my score :blush:
Might well be not enough if the rumours I have heard are true. My daughter's friend is in Salou with the Leigh squad for warm weather training and she says it is more of a booze up than a training session. Also, a mate of mine whose brother is a Leigh player says much the same thing.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

If I wanted to give his name I would have done so in the original post. :eh:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It will be, as someone has already mentioned, a game to see how the new recruits play together get them used to playing against opposition. I'm hoping Leigh play well so we get a better idea of how players are going to perform but I have a feeling this could just be an injury fest with leigh taking out half our team, am hoping not but wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Out of interest, how many of you are going?
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i hope i'll be going i jsut need to finalize everything. i think this is a game that we need to go out and prove a point. yes leigh arent the hardest apponents in the world but if we go out and humiliate them (no doubt we will) then we are sending the message to other teams. i think the hudds will be a better test but still leigh away would be a nice win to kick start the season and to see some of the enw recruits in action
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

:eusa4:To all goin to leigh game watch out for the flying misiles from the lobby goblers.In my experience you need some sort of protection!!!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pie eaters posted:
Hopefully we can come through the game unscathed and carry the victory through towards the game with Huddersfield which is Radlinskis testimonial even though he aint playing. Hopefully i will be there but that depends on how i will be getting home, i dont fancy running the gauntlet through Leigh either through Westleigh or through Wigan road
i reckon i could get us a lift sorted as lnog as we dnt go to the wrong place this time lol :D
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------