Oliver Partington

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Oliver Partington

Post by josie andrews »

Finally announced that he is joining Catalan next year
:arrow: Catalans Dragons confirm third signing as Salford Red Devils forward arrives

The Dragons' recruitment drive continues to pick up speed.

Catalans Dragons have confirmed their third signing ahead of the 2025 season in the shape of Salford Red Devils forward Oli Partington. As first revealed by Rugby League Live in March, the 25-year-old has signed a two-year contract with the French club, adding to their high-profile recruitment drive next year.

Partington will join Nick Cotric and Tommy Makinson at the club next season while Elliott Whitehead and Luke Keary are expected to follow suit. Partington made his breakthrough at Wigan and has gone on to make over 100 Super League appearances. He has also represented England Knights.

"I’m grateful for the opportunity to sign with a great club like Catalans Dragons," he said. "I’m really looking forward to moving out there and meeting the team and all the fans. I want to say a big thank you to all the staff and players at Salford for helping me develop as a player and as a person over the past two years.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... s-29442634
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Oliver Partington

Post by Firestarter »

Good to see they will have a strong team next year coz they wont win nowt this year with their current squad
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:52 pm Good to see they will have a strong team next year coz they wont win nowt this year with their current squad
The spine, apart from MM, is very poor.
fozzie58

Post by fozzie58 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:52 pm Good to see they will have a strong team next year coz they wont win nowt this year with their current squad
You can’t lose all that experience and expect to carry on as normal but I admit I did think they’d do better this year
The artist formally known as fozziekskem
jobo

Post by jobo »

fozzie58 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:42 am
You can’t lose all that experience and expect to carry on as normal but I admit I did think they’d do better this year
So did I. Even had a little bet on them getting to the GF.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I did think they would struggle more this year than last but tbh the performances of abdul have been very half hearted
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE