Leigh Fans!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Martin Taylor

Leigh Fans!

Post by Martin Taylor »

I flew back from Tenerife in the early hours of last night and rather than do the normal thing and get some shut eye, i instead went straight for the Micron video copy of the Leigh v Wigan match that had arrived.
The Leigh supporters really must be the most disgraceful, foul-mouthed, group of yobs that ever set foot in a rugby league stadium. All through the game you could hear f*** this and that, and not just a bit of rival banter, but personal and threatning attacks at the Wigan players and fans. Don't get me wrong, i think a bit of chanting between fans is fun and part of the spirit of things, but this was just pure verbal violence. Rugby league is a family game, but to subject a child to this kind of malicious and threatning behaviour is not in the spirit of the game.
A team of thugs and a crowd of thugs sums up Leigh!
I am just so pleased that they are not in the super league as this club is living in the dark ages and has no place in the professional game of today!
Martin Taylor

Re: Leigh Fans!

Post by Martin Taylor »

Do me a favour Pie Eaters and get the video for yourself and listen to it! Honestly, it's disgraceful. We go to all other teams including St Helens and Warrington and they don't do this. Okay there is the rivalry between fans and the songs, but with Leigh it's just pure and utter nast! I remember a few seasons ago when Leigh fans threw coins and the Wigan players! This is football mentality! They don't even deserve to be in division 1!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pie eaters posted:
My mate is one of the biggest Leigh fans and is probably one of the biggest Leigh fans ever and is always there chanting and he is one of my best mates and im a wiganer and we get along brilliant. Also my dad used to work with another Leigh fan who as a massive tattoo on his back and he is a brilliant fella so even though they are chanting it it doesnt mean that the mean anything by it. Our fans chant things back also so lets not too carried away.If they actually carried out anything then i would agree but i dont think they do.
simon lol :D legend
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Champions

Post by Champions »

Martin Taylor posted:
Do me a favour Pie Eaters and get the video for yourself and listen to it! Honestly, it's disgraceful. We go to all other teams including St Helens and Warrington and they don't do this. Okay there is the rivalry between fans and the songs, but with Leigh it's just pure and utter nast! I remember a few seasons ago when Leigh fans threw coins and the Wigan players! This is football mentality! They don't even deserve to be in division 1!
Must be strong then! :lol: Sorry couldn't resist....Must agree though there is no need for chants to get personnal to players.....and a freind of my dad's got spat on by Leigh fans on the way to a match. It's just stupid.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Micron tend to pick up crowd noise more than TV

Worst I have heard on Micron was at Hull (Threepenny Stand)
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

pie eaters posted:
My mate is one of the biggest Leigh fans and is probably one of the biggest Leigh fans ever and is always there chanting and he is one of my best mates and im a wiganer and we get along brilliant. Also my dad used to work with another Leigh fan who as a massive tattoo on his back and he is a brilliant fella so even though they are chanting it it doesnt mean that the mean anything by it. Our fans chant things back also so lets not too carried away.If they actually carried out anything then i would agree but i dont think they do.
Well if 2 of them are alright then they all must be...
I used to work there and was stopped from working in one of the bars because I was a Wigan fan and my boss was worried about what would happen if the men in that bar found out. Ended up working in the family bar which was a much better atmosphere but still kept quiet about my roots!
They are a foul mouthed bunch and seem to spend most of their time starting over at the wigan fans and trying to get a reaction, having been amongst both sets of fans I can tell you which set I feel safest with. Wigan fans do sometimes use bad language at games, but it's the way the Leigh fans say it there's a real hatred for us there and the fact that we don't actually care winds them up even more :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

pie eaters posted:
Get your act together you idiot
What in message board terms does that mean and who is it aimed at?

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Probably a childish attempt to get you to retaliate MrsLam :conf: We all know your far too great to rise to it, keep your anger for road rage, much more fun!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Funny you

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

Thankyou MrsLam, i travel to a lot of the games and i never experience anything like the hatred at Leigh! It really is that bad, and the fans are just filled with venom and violence!