wHY WAS ORR DROPPED

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jonnybighit

wHY WAS ORR DROPPED

Post by jonnybighit »

:angry: Does anyone know why Danny Orr was dropped on Friday?????
adrenalinxx

Re: wHY WAS ORR DROPPED

Post by adrenalinxx »

I was told that he has been ill all week after something he got in France and was unable to train and therefore wasn't fit enough to play.

Or maybe Millward just dropped him so he could play his wonderful Kev Brown.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
I was told that he has been ill all week after something he got in France and was unable to train and therefore wasn't fit enough to play.
It makes no mention of him being ill all week on the Sporting Life web site, it just says Millward confirmedhe was dropped.

If a player is injured or ill you tend not to use the word "dropped" but say they are injured or ill!

So the conclusion I draw is he was fit to play but was dropped by Millward in the true sense of the word.

Dave
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I think it's just Milward's way of making a point to the rest of the squad! Not quite sure what that point is though!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

I would sooner have danny orr than kev brown.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
superleague

Post by superleague »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
I would sooner have danny orr than kev brown.
any day
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

On the big screen it showed Danny sat in the changing room whilst everyone else was leaving for the pitch

He looked dejected, it isnt going to do his confidence any good, particular as thats what he needs.

He looked fit during the warm up. he was there with the rest of the squad

Does anyone understand this tactic, at least Orr has good defense and showed passion against the Dragoons, Browny is too small
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

I dont understand why orr was dropped then brown failed to really come on the field for long enough to explain dropping danny. If it is to make a point to the team, then its an interesting way of doing it and probably not the best, Danny is a cracker in defence and its harsh to drop him after just one game. I dont think theres any hidden thing that he was "ill" or whatever i do believe he was just dropped.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

MarkWestStand posted:
On the big screen it showed Danny sat in the changing room whilst everyone else was leaving for the pitch

He looked dejected, it isnt going to do his confidence any good, particular as thats what he needs.
I missed that. I nearly missed kick off due to the traffic and ticket chaos outside the ground but if he only found out he was dropped a minute or so before kick off that is pathetic and bad coaching from Millward.
He looked fit during the warm up. he was there with the rest of the squad

Does anyone understand this tactic, at least Orr has good defense and showed passion against the Dragoons, Browny is too small
I don't understand it at all. It is a new season and we had only played one game before which he was ill. In other words there is no current form to base a decision on to drop him especially when you consider the alternative (there basically isn't one IMO).

Dave
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

DaveO posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
It makes no mention of him being ill all week on the Sporting Life web site, it just says Millward confirmedhe was dropped.

If a player is injured or ill you tend not to use the word "dropped" but say they are injured or ill!

So the conclusion I draw is he was fit to play but was dropped by Millward in the true sense of the word.

Dave
I think he had been ill during the week and missed training might have recovered for the macth but if you haven't been trainig then you can reallt struggle in a macth so might have been dropped for that reason. Can't see Millward dropping our only other player maker other than O'Loughlin for no reason.