Ashton VS Radz

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors

Ashton VS Radz

Post by warriors »

From seeing ashton play i think he is the new radz. I also think that the ashton my take other radz place soon than we thought.

What do you think?
ian.birchall

Re: Ashton VS Radz

Post by ian.birchall »

Radlinski has not been the same player since damaging his right arm in that diabolical one off test in OZ in 2003 I think it was. Ever since then he has been playing with one arm, the rest of Superleague know that if you want to go past Rads you step onto his right side and you have a better than even chance of breaking his tackle, from behind or from the left he is still dominant but can we afford a one armed full back, I fear the only reason he did not go to Rah Rah land is the fact that he failed the medical.
We gave up Briscoe, we must keep Ashton whilst accepting that sooner or later as a young lad he is going to have a bad spell, at least he will be available more often than Radders has been the past 3 seasons and oh yes of course he will be around £100k cheaper a year.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

warriors posted:
From seeing ashton play i think he is the new radz. I also think that the ashton my take other radz place soon than we thought.

What do you think?
He will take over Radlinski's place when radlinski retires. Simple as that.

There is absolutley no point in trying to play Ashton for a full season. It would ruin his game.

Same old story. Young lad comes in, does well so lets ship out the established player and save some cash. :roll:

Apparently Rads only has one arm as well :lol:

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

DaveO posted:

He will take over Radlinski's place when radlinski retires. Simple as that.

There is absolutley no point in trying to play Ashton for a full season. It would ruin his game.

Same old story. Young lad comes in, does well so lets ship out the established player and save some cash. :roll:

Apparently Rads only has one arm as well :lol:
Sorry DaveOdid not make that plain in my posting, I do think we should keep Radders for when Ashton dips in form but I do not think he should come back straight into the side when he is fit just because he is Radders but I'm perfectly sure that that is what will happen.As to your crack about his one arm I would ask what you have been watching for the past 2 seasons, just watch Radders success rate in tackling right side as against left side when he gets back in the team.
Dave
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

IM spoke about Ashton in the post today. He said it is unrealistic to expect an 18 year old to play a full season at such a high level. He also said that whilst mentioning the many strengths Ashton has, he also has things to work on. Rads has always been fantastic for me. Rads will be back but his replacement is Ashton if he keeps doing what he is ddoing now, week in week out.

It's important Ashton is kept firmly on the ground. He is renowned for his arrogance and immaturity. However, these so called flaws are also part of the reason he's successful because he is so cocky and confident. When people talk about strengths and weaknesses I always think your greatest strength is often potentially your greatest weakness!

A star in the making but we have a star in Rads too
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

got to agree ashton is a fantastic prospect ,you can tell when aplayer has got "it" and he certainly has.i think millward will take his time with him.it pains me to say it but i think you've got a star in the making .on the down side (because there always has to be a downside from a saints fan to wigan folk) is that if millward is going to be patient with ashton your replacement is the ginger doormat!!! :(
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

hello pete! not seen you on here for a while. rads will come back strong but its nice to have a player who can stand in and do a good job. :)
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

dr aiden nealson posted:
.on the down side (because there always has to be a downside from a saints fan to wigan folk) is that if millward is going to be patient with ashton your replacement is the ginger doormat!!! :(
At least we've now got two fullbacks who are both better than "Donkey Wellens"...which we haven't had since Briscoe left. :wink:
dr aiden nealson

Post by dr aiden nealson »

good evening dave , ashton is quality think we could just about fit him in our u21's. i only post after a bottle of red wine.and a couple of baileys.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

im sure wigan would do you a swap for that donkey lyon if you fancy ashton in the under 21's... :) close game for you boys last night. ashley clown up to his tricks i beleive. :wink:
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart