Booed Off...and deserved it

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Booed Off...and deserved it

Post by First Try Tickle »

Tonights display was nothing short of awful.
Thats the worst performance ive seen for a long time.
The weather didn't help, but it didn't stop Salford. Our lot just decided they didn't want to be thier. At least they could run about, we were stood thier freezing.
I was stood on the side and was sick of seeing Godwin running up and down. He is the only player with any flair in our team.
I hope Millward gave them a blasting for all us poor sods who turned up tonight.
It was rubbish Wigan...bloody rubbish...!!!!
WiganWarrior

Re: Booed Off...and deserved i...

Post by WiganWarrior »

I like what im hearing from these posts about Godwin he is fastly becomming my fav player he seems dangerours with ball and seems to try 100% how many players can we say that about
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
turf

Re: Booed Off...and deserv...

Post by turf »

By the sounds of last nights performance, except probably Godwin, none of them we could say tries 100%. I also tend to disagree with booing players off, because I believe that it damages their confidence levels.

They've just lost 28 - 10 to Salford, so what, it doesn't mean that fans can boo their own players off, we will probably lose again sometime in the season, but that doesn't mean to say that whoever we lose to next that the fans have the right to boo their players off the pitch.

Come on, and get behind Millward and the boys!!!!!!!
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I can't help but think what a dia game of rugby league were all in for when we play you.
I wish we had a team like the latics to fall back on.

At least you gave Salford some kind of game. :doz:
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

We didnt boo them off.

We waioted a good few mins for them to come over and gave them a massive wigan chant.

ANCIENT AND LOYAL THAT BADGE SAYS.

BUT WE WERE CRAP LAST NIGHT.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
Champions

Post by Champions »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
We didnt boo them off.

We waioted a good few mins for them to come over and gave them a massive wigan chant.

Some fans did, they were stood right behind us, but when the team came over they cheered. I also don't agree with booing but that wasn't the worst of it. I got really annoyed with about 10mins to go when Salford had scored again...the team were right in front of our fans and some fans started singing 'Your not fit to wear the shirt'...if thats not a confidence denter, I don't know what is! :angry:
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

booing a team isnt good for confidence elvels especially when the team already lacks confidence. the performance was dire but even millward will tell you tht getting behind a team is vital. anyway im off to get some sleep which i missed out on last night, this way i will be able to watch the calzaghe vs lacy match.......come on calzaghe!!!!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

TRICKY DICKY posted:
We didnt boo them off.

The badge that those player on Friday night did not deserve to wear. They are insult to those player how have put the effort in Wigan to make them a great team.

Wigan should get permission from the RFL for a kit change... until the players shows some pride and commitment to the Wigan Rugby Club they should play in an all plain kit with no Wigan badge only the jjb logo because they do not deserve to wear the Cherry & White of Wigan nor wear the badge.
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

Most of our fans clapped but some did join in with the salford lot booing. I just find it hard to take that a supporter would boo their team off let alone a wigan one! They are our team, we all feel disapointed when we loose especially the players. As i have said before we need to get behind the boys and help boost their confidence.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

I support Wigan RL mate not the pile of rubbish that found its way to the pitch last night.

Play the academy kids they might lose every game but at least they will do it with pride and commitment