the salford fans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

the salford fans

Post by - psycho - »

even thoguh they won i thought salford wer a disgrace. there fans were gonig round shouting abuse. they were starting fights. stoens were thrown at coaches. a man even walked past shouting extra extra read all about it wigan second favourites to go down!! it was almost as if they ahd got hammerred at some points.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
damien morrissey

Re: the salford fans

Post by damien morrissey »

I walked out of the gates and the Salford fans were shouting abuse at our fans getting on the coaches I spoke to my father in law and he said it got out of hand at one stage and the police had to calm things down. I was born and lived all my life in Salford albiet not in the centre of Salford and it was embarrasing, a lot of the fans comming out were saying the same so it may be harsh to tar all of the salford fans with the same brush as the local scum.
JJwilliams

Post by JJwilliams »

Have to admit i got frightened on friday night with those salford fans, i had my little boy with me and that is the first time we have been scared at a match ever!
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

JJwilliams posted:
Have to admit i got frightened on friday night with those salford fans, i had my little boy with me and that is the first time we have been scared at a match ever!
Was the little un ok. the scum in that area is unbelivable i am not into moving to new grounds personally i think a lot of the history goes with the stadium but the sooner they can get out of weaste the better i tell you what though it doesnt help when 14 - 16 yr old scumbags are walking round with four bottles of beer in there hand like i saw countless times on friday i heard a story that the scum attacked some of our fans after the game but i wasnt sure if this was true. If it was then the Salford club should launch an investigation.
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

we parked near an off licence and in the time it took us to get sorted and coats on and that a group of kids that stood outside the offi had managed to get 3 different people to go in a buy booze for them. They were already wasted and it was only just coming up 2 8. Like said b4 i love going to the old grounds you cant beat them for atmosphere but when there are idiots hanging around i think you can only be for the move 2 new grounds
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Joe Soap

Post by Joe Soap »

This "Football disease" is happening more and more. I heard about racist chanting at the Leeds game and one or two scraps afterwards. Isn't it a coincidence that the teams involved Leeds and Salford are associated with football?
Come on Doris, no-ones looking.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

i went to the game on friday. i was stood in the main salford stand 'the shed'. because my dad and a few members of the family are salford fans. they were pretty hostile at the end of the game. there was a few muppets especially the teenagers. i remember them shouting at our coaches and trying to start fights. but the majority of the fans were well behaved, it was mostly drunk teenagers who caused trouble.
nathan G

Post by nathan G »

Mr Stu posted:
i went to the game on friday. i was stood in the main salford stand 'the shed'. because my dad and a few members of the family are salford fans. they were pretty hostile at the end of the game. there was a few muppets especially the teenagers. i remember them shouting at our coaches and trying to start fights. but the majority of the fans were well behaved, it was mostly drunk teenagers who caused trouble.
i agree i work in salford for my sins. it wasnt the genuine salford fans but the hoodies or chavs who caused all the abuse. it upset me a lot because i took my five year old son to the game . over the last few seasons it been a great game with no hassells but friday !! wont be taking him again which is a shame :angry:
heydude

Post by heydude »

I am a salford lad and did come from that area around willows and it's terrible to see how much that area has decline in the last decade since I move from there it was bad when I was there but it's a disgrace now,It's that bad my mother who has lived in the area for 30 years has moved away and so has my sister too.

Just to say I was stood in front of some salford fans in the corner next to the wigan fans and they were a disgrace the problem was they were not kids but men of about 40 to 50 years old even seen a man of about 65 years old screaming at the wigan fans as they walk past it was pathetic.
don't eat yellow snow
nathan G

Post by nathan G »

heydude posted:
I am a salford lad and did come from that area around willows and it's terrible to see how much that area has decline in the last decade since I move from there it was bad when I was there but it's a disgrace now,It's that bad my mother who has lived in the area for 30 years has moved away and so has my sister too.

Just to say I was stood in front of some salford fans in the corner next to the wigan fans and they were a disgrace the problem was they were not kids but men of about 40 to 50 years old even seen a man of about 65 years old screaming at the wigan fans as they walk past it was pathetic.
the thing is they shout abuse,its their kids who take it to the next level.salford rlfc have got a good coach with good staff players etc its a shame now thats its the unwanted fans of the club to ******* it up for them.wont be going again thats certain!!! :(