Musical Chairs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
adrenalinxx

Musical Chairs

Post by adrenalinxx »

Dave Whealen has put Maurice Lindsay on the Latics board and put Phillip Williams and Brian Ashcroft(from Latics) as dictors of the Wigan Warriors.

What is going on here?

http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_le ... 351331.ece
Antwigan

Re: Musical Chairs

Post by Antwigan »

Or here. More truth in this one

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=1848[/url]
Campions of the rugby world.
Lindsay Out

Post by Lindsay Out »

As a WAFC fan of over 35 years , im horrified that Maurice Lindsay has been allowed to join the board at the Latics , this man(sic) has only ever considered himself and has now shown his true turncoat colours in joining the club that he so often belittled and berated in the past , his words will not be easily forgotten by the latics fans and i predict a torrid time for him at matches....a horrible person ...GET HIM OUT NOW !!!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Allegedly he already goes to a lot of Latics matches. Have you guys not noticed?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well that is an interesting development.

I dare say it will give the anti-Mo brigade some ammunition as they will say Mo should be looking after the RL club, not doing any work for Latics.

If they do that will be ironic because most of the anti-Mo brigade want him out and so the fact he will be doing less work for the RL side ought to be a good thing for them!

As to the two chaps heading our way I know nothing of them but given the anti-Mo brigade have been calling for a board of directors at the RL side of more than just Mo and DW, they have now got their wish. We now have a board of directors and it isn't just a one man band anymore.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
Well that is an interesting development.

I dare say it will give the anti-Mo brigade some ammunition as they will say Mo should be looking after the RL club, not doing any work for Latics.

If they do that will be ironic because most of the anti-Mo brigade want him out and so the fact he will be doing less work for the RL side ought to be a good thing for them!

As to the two chaps heading our way I know nothing of them but given the anti-Mo brigade have been calling for a board of directors at the RL side of more than just Mo and DW, they have now got their wish. We now have a board of directors and it isn't just a one man band anymore.

Dave
Some of Mr Whelan's words also rather dampen the fire of those who claim he's trying to sell the rugby team and remove us from the stadium. There's no point integrating the management structures like this if you're then going to walk away from half of the partnership. Quote: "I am proud of both my clubs and have invested heavily year on year to make them stronger. My commitment is as firm now as it ever has been, both clubs have a special place in my heart and will do as long as I have breath in my body."
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Maybe part of the intention is to start trying to unify the town's sports fans. There really shouldn't be such a massive gulf between the two clubs' supporters.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
Maybe part of the intention is to start trying to unify the town's sports fans. There really shouldn't be such a massive gulf between the two clubs' supporters.
The thing about that is some people are just not interested in soccer as a sport and likewise some not interested in RL as a sport.

I am one of those not interested in soccer. I will take a passing iterest on TV but rarely watch a televised game, even a final and am certainly not interested enough in soccer to spend money going to games.

Maybe if I lived in Wigan my son would have got caught up in the premiership thing and pestered me to take him to the odd game but I find the sport like watcing paint dry. I dare say fans of tboth teams thrink the same of the other sport regardless of any predudice toward the "other" club".

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I agree. But I know it's always been a source of irritation to Whelan that the two sets of fans appear to hate each other. There are lots of reasons why this has come about, and both groups are equally culpable. Nothing would induce me to go and watch Latics, because nothing would induce me to go and watch football, and like you say, the same probably applies to die-hard Latics fans about RL. However, if we at least weren't so hostile to each other, maybe the big guy would be happier. Having said that, I'm sure this moving around of directors is part of a much larger, longer-term strategy than merely that.
oldtimer

daily mail

Post by oldtimer »

has anyone read about doris joining LATICS board?what is he doing jumping a sinking ship?your veiws please :blush: