David Peachey anyone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

David Peachey anyone?

Post by Mike »

From the independent:
http://sport.independent.co.uk/rugby_le ... 351527.ece
Widnes have denied that David Peachey could be leaving them for Wigan. The Vikings signed the world-class Australian full-back last year, who joined them despite their relegation from Super League.

Now, however, rumours are linking him with Wigan, who have lost four of their first five Super League games and have seen their full-back, Kris Radlinski, retire because of injury.

"As far as I know, it's only a rumour," said the Widnes coach, Steve McCormack.

Peachey's exit would create an import slot at Widnes for a half-back, but Wigan's overseas quota is also full, with Brett Dallas, Dennis Moran and Bryan Fletcher all under contract.

Wigan are close to signing the Australian Test stand-off, Trent Barrett, on a three-year deal.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wardy

Re: David Peachey anyone?

Post by Wardy »

give them moran .... not that we really need the peach we've got a good young un in chris ashton ... and you know what they say "a good young un always beats a good old un!!"
Sing your hearts out for the Lads!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Paper talk - Wigan have had a bad start so we will now be mentioned by every player's agent that is looking to move/make money for their client.

We can't sign Peachey; we don't have a quota spot. There is no way the fans would allow Dallas to leave (and he's better than Peachey anyway), Fletcher has been brought in to add experience and has a new contract and Moran is alledgely negotiating a new contract.

Even if we did get rid of Moran - then surely we should be bringing in a scrum half ala Gower rather than replacing a position where we already have an over-rated "star"?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Matthew posted:
Paper talk - Wigan have had a bad start so we will now be mentioned by every player's agent that is looking to move/make money for their client.

We can't sign Peachey; we don't have a quota spot. There is no way the fans would allow Dallas to leave (and he's better than Peachey anyway), Fletcher has been brought in to add experience and has a new contract and Moran is alledgely negotiating a new contract.

Even if we did get rid of Moran - then surely we should be bringing in a scrum half ala Gower rather than replacing a position where we already have an over-rated "star"?
were did you here about moran and a new contract???? :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

From the Trent Barret Thread:
Martin Taylor posted:
As i posted on an earlier thread, i have it on good authority that Moran is currently in negotiations for a new contract with Wigan.
That's one depressing thought...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I've seen Peachey this season against Leigh and whilst it was only one game he was truly appalling. A total shadow of his former self.
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

In the Daily Express this morning it states that Wigan have made an official offer for the Peach!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Martin Taylor posted:
In the Daily Express this morning it states that Wigan have made an official offer for the Peach!
How can they do that with the quota situation?

Dave
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

I don't know Dave, but that's what's written!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Martin Taylor posted:
I don't know Dave, but that's what's written!
The sad thing is, that paper is usually right :angry:
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3