Moran contract talks

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Moran contract talks

Post by mike binder »

Just heard dennis is in talks with the club,about signing a new deal the guy who told me seems to think he comes off the overseas quota next season does any 1 know anything :conf:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Re: Moran contract talks

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
Just heard dennis is in talks with the club,about signing a new deal the guy who told me seems to think he comes off the overseas quota next season does any 1 know anything :conf:
Well the mention of contract talks was reported here several days ago, but I've not heard anything about him coming off-contract. Unless he's found a dodgy UK passport somewhere then there's no reason for him to be considered any different to the other Aussies at the club.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mike binder posted:
All I know is players no longer come off the overseas quota. If they are on it, they stay on it.

It used to happen that after several years players would come off quota but not anymore.

Dallas was one of the first players signed by the club who joined after the rule was changed. Under the old rule he would be off-quota by now but he is still on it.

Dave
Nine

Post by Nine »

My contract talks with Dennis would go:

Dennis: I'm off contract at the end of the season, you know.

Me: Would you like to fly out from Manchester or Heathrow?

Not saying he's a bad player, because he isn't. But he also isn't the kind of scrum-half Wigan need. Let him go with our thanks and best wishes, and splash the cash on a quality organiser.

Squad number 18!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

It surely defies all logic to offer Dennis Moran another contract for next year, UNLESS some loophole has been found regarding his nationality.

As someone else said, it's not that the guy's a bad player. He's not, but he's not the kind of player we need. On top of that, he's now at retirement age. Why on Earth would we want to use up a quota space by re-hiring an Aussie who's so old that he might otherwise finish playing? It makes no sense at all.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

I thought he was 29? Surely age shouldn't be a reason for replacing him? Also, I thought he scored 15 from 27 apps last season. If so, that's probably our best strike rate.

I have been critical of our half back situation as you all know, but maybe he should stay if we get Barrett.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

To be fair to Moran, I don't know exactly what age he is. But I've read post after post recently that all said he was due to retire at the end of this season.

Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

mike binder posted:
I posted this a week or so ago. As far as i know he will be at Wigan next year, and i have heard that he will not be on the quota also. However, i too don't understand how he can get off it!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I thought he was 29? Surely age shouldn't be a reason for replacing him? Also, I thought he scored 15 from 27 apps last season. If so, that's probably our best strike rate.
Correct on both counts. We're getting to the point now where some fans are almost writing players off once they get past 25, it's getting a bit silly. As for try-scoring, that's one thing that Moran has been consistent as he was also the main try scorer at London as well.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
backin2006

Post by backin2006 »

please no.lets get shut now .il buy his ticket back to oz well id buy 2 1 for vaeleki also