My View

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

My View

Post by ChrisA »

There seems to be an atmosphere at Wigan thats been there for years now, good players come in and turn bad over night.

It boils down to more than the coach, or even the half backs as most people are saying, there is a serious underlying issue within our club that needs addressing.

There is no way on earth that team is as bad as they are playing, nobody seems to want to express themselves once they join us.

Players seem to stop doing all the things that made them good players before they joined us. We have players who leave that were playing average rugby for us, they leave and turn into stars. Players dont seem to want to, or aren't allowed to play their natural game.

It isn't a one off, it happens with to many players who join the club, and to many players who play poorly or avaergae at best for us leave, and look like differnet players. It isn't just the coach, there is something or someone else. Maybe the pressure put on players when thery join us effects them too much, you need to be focused and relaxed if you want to play your natural game, to me it looks like players join and instantly go into their shell, is the pressure thats put on them by certain people at the club having an adverese effect ?

berger

Re: My View

Post by berger »

ChrisA, you took the words right outta my mouth!!
BIG AL

Post by BIG AL »

chris a some very good points there makes you think. jollymax got to disagree when mo left, the board took us to the brink of oblivion theye had sold the stadium to tesco and where talking about us playing at the reebok untill DW took over
mickh

Post by mickh »

1988 to 1995 players wanted to win and play for Wigan. Yes they were earning good money, and so are todays players. Since Super League (Sky) took over we seem to have lost the impetus - we have as good a support as the majority of Super League, ie. We have got more money to spend on quality players. We could poach (Buy) any player and they would play their hearts out, any injuries and the young reserves would fill in (as they do now) - BACK THEN WE HAD QUALITY COACHES :( AND EVERYONE PULLING IN THE SAME DIRECTION.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ChrisA posted:
There seems to be an atmosphere at Wigan thats been there for years now, good players come in and turn bad over night.

It boils down to more than the coach, or even the half backs as most people are saying, there is a serious underlying issue within our club that needs addressing.

There is no way on earth that team is as bad as they are playing, nobody seems to want to express themselves once they join us.

Players seem to stop doing all the things that made them good players before they joined us. We have players who leave that were playing average rugby for us, they leave and turn into stars. Players dont seem to want to, or aren't allowed to play their natural game.

It isn't a one off, it happens with to many players who join the club, and to many players who play poorly or avaergae at best for us leave, and look like differnet players. It isn't just the coach, there is something or someone else. Maybe the pressure put on players when thery join us effects them too much, you need to be focused and relaxed if you want to play your natural game, to me it looks like players join and instantly go into their shell, is the pressure thats put on them by certain people at the club having an adverese effect ?

Saying that you can't even be bothered to turn up, that seems quite perceptive. Imagine how your insight would improve if you actually watched us play!! :angry:
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

jinkin jimmy posted:
ChrisA posted:

Saying that you can't even be bothered to turn up, that seems quite perceptive. Imagine how your insight would improve if you actually watched us play!! :angry:
I live in Oldham, with no other means of getting to the game when my car is in the garage. I go to practically every other game home and away.
My view is on overall view, not one match. Still it's good to see you're as picky as ever about the most pointless and in-accurate things that you know nothing about, seeing as you know nothing about me, at least you're consistent with it Jimmy. :roll: