Re: agent millward

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

actually im proud of the lads effort tonight. We havent given up. We need to improve week in week out and this is the start. The game shouldnt be played nobody can see.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Realistically we were never getting near them.

But Next week is D Day. Its stand up and be counted and if they fail then all hell could break lose.

We need 2 from 2 against Wakefield just to get confidence.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Just listening to game on gmr and sounds like it shouldnt of been played. Think its the start of some better performances and agree that we need two from two against the wildcats. Glad i didnt pay to go coz wouldnt of seen anything from what i have heard.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Bradford are the world champions, you werent seriously expecting a win. A positive is it seems we played better than we did against cas, which means things are looking up :D Sounds like the lads did us proud, well the few people who were recognised anyway commentators didnt have a clue :lol: Think this could be the turning point of the season. Our defence sounded pretty sorted, seems we scrambled better than before, prevented a few tries which in recent weeks would have been walk ins. Anyone know if Jonkers played? Since he was never mentioned and they only guessed that it was possibly wilkes on the field?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mrs_carney posted:
Bradford are the world champions, you werent seriously expecting a win. A positive is it seems we played better than we did against cas, which means things are looking up :D Sounds like the lads did us proud, well the few people who were recognised anyway commentators didnt have a clue :lol: Think this could be the turning point of the season. Our defence sounded pretty sorted, seems we scrambled better than before, prevented a few tries which in recent weeks would have been walk ins. Anyone know if Jonkers played? Since he was never mentioned and they only guessed that it was possibly wilkes on the field?
The match reports aren't much help either...GMR reports that some fans are trying to get refunds because they couldn't see anything.
Looking forward to hearing from the guys on here who went to the match - see if they could see any better than the commentators.
I'd have loved to see that Richards try!
I'm off to drown my sorrows...yet again!
Any excuse!
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

I would demand a refund if i had gone but at least you can go for a drink to drown your sorrows i am stuck at work till six in the morn ha ha
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

good to see Hull being nilled though
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

Yeah even if it was by stains
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Well I didn't think we would win tonight and a score like that could have happended to any side playing Bradford at Odsal.

I am still dissapointed we lost and didn't get closer to them but if the team played for 80 mins and put the effort in that is a small step in the right direction.

So I was going to say I would therefore be waiting eagerly for match reports from those who went but I wonder if they could tell what was going on one way or the other.

From the report on the cub site I do think the game should have been called off. Not because it would have saved us a loss but it really is a joke in the summer rugby era if the fans can't see the game for the fog.

Dave
Mean Dean

Post by Mean Dean »

Bradford are a good side without question but they got well and truely turned over at saints plus Deacon was missing we need to get Fletcher fit and installed as Captain and for me i would put young Gleeson in insted of the FANTASIC DV the guy has done nothing in two years.