I wish I was still on holiday...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

I wish I was still on holiday...

Post by Fraggle »

After a week in the sunshine (sunbathing in 10C temperatures in Devon and Cornwall!) but to save me having to read any of the endless messages that have been written in the last week, can I assume the summary of the last week on here went something like:-

Saturday 1st - Wigan sign Gasnier / Barrett / Morley / Joey Johns / Andy Farrell / Jim Sullivan / think up any random names - April Fool!

Sunday 2nd - are we going to win? Yes (lots of people). No (lots of other people). Let's concentrate on the league instead (everyone else).

Monday 3rd - yippee, we've managed to win. We were really good / lucky / select different opinion as appropriate. We'll really start the season from here.

Tuesday 4th - can we have Widnes next round? Oh, it's Salford - we'll easily beat them / no we won't, it'll be 1996 all over again.

Wednesday 5th - how dare they ban Fletcher, he did nothing wrong, it's all a conspiricy. Who are these new players?

Thursday 6th - we'll easily beat Wakefield after last Sunday's performance.

Friday 7th - let's go and get behind the lads, show the true support etc etc

Saturday / Sunday - ranting and raving and swearing and trolling by Saints/Latics fans and protesting and anger and sack the board and sack the coach and sack the players and sack the backroom staff and bring back Farrell / Edwards / Betts / Raper / Monie / every coach going back in time / Jim Sullivan....

Since they don't have rugby league in the far southwest I only know the results, and nothing of the performances or other news, so I'll be happy for anyone to fill me in on anything I missed!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
- psycho -

Re: I wish I was still on holi...

Post by - psycho - »

welcome back fraggle. i was starting to wonder were you had gone. :cool:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Re: I wish I was still on ...

Post by cpwigan »

There's more but I am not allowed to say, nor is anbody else. However, you may already know what we are not allowed to talk about but maybe if you do not know what we are not allowed to talk about it is better for you :wink:
Dawber

Re: I wish I was still on holi...

Post by Dawber »

Fraggle posted:
After a week in the sunshine (sunbathing in 10C temperatures in Devon and Cornwall!) but to save me having to read any of the endless messages that have been written in the last week, can I assume the summary of the last week on here went something like:-

Saturday 1st - Wigan sign Gasnier / Barrett / Morley / Joey Johns / Andy Farrell / Jim Sullivan / think up any random names - April Fool!

Sunday 2nd - are we going to win? Yes (lots of people). No (lots of other people). Let's concentrate on the league instead (everyone else).

Monday 3rd - yippee, we've managed to win. We were really good / lucky / select different opinion as appropriate. We'll really start the season from here.

Tuesday 4th - can we have Widnes next round? Oh, it's Salford - we'll easily beat them / no we won't, it'll be 1996 all over again.

Wednesday 5th - how dare they ban Fletcher, he did nothing wrong, it's all a conspiricy. Who are these new players?

Thursday 6th - we'll easily beat Wakefield after last Sunday's performance.

Friday 7th - let's go and get behind the lads, show the true support etc etc

Saturday / Sunday - ranting and raving and swearing and trolling by Saints/Latics fans and protesting and anger and sack the board and sack the coach and sack the players and sack the backroom staff and bring back Farrell / Edwards / Betts / Raper / Monie / every coach going back in time / Jim Sullivan....

Since they don't have rugby league in the far southwest I only know the results, and nothing of the performances or other news, so I'll be happy for anyone to fill me in on anything I missed!

We are signing NL1 and NL2 players, Need i say more?
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Dawber posted:[/b}

We are signing NL1 and NL2 players, Need i say more?

Yes you could explain why we are signing NL1 players. For instance you could say we have 8 first team players out injured, there are no SL players available, and no NRL players on the market, thats why we are having to sign NL1 players. You know so we can actually put a team on the field. I love to listen to all the complaints, thing is, all the people that are moaning dont come up with any alternatives, they dont suggest how we can replace all the injured players we have. Dawber, do you want to explain wht you would do, what players you would sign, seeing as you are condeming the NL1 players, you surely must have other ideas ?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
There's more but I am not allowed to say, nor is anbody else. However, you may already know what we are not allowed to talk about but maybe if you do not know what we are not allowed to talk about it is better for you :wink:
If you mean rumours about players then the only thing people are not allowed to talk about is things that are not true that liable the players.

If people know for a fact what they say is true and can prove it, then they can't be prosecuted for posting it.

The problem is most of the malicious rumours turn out to be nothing more than that.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ChrisA posted:
I love to listen to all the complaints, thing is, all the people that are moaning dont come up with any alternatives, they dont suggest how we can replace all the injured players we have.
There seem to be numerous threads saying sack half the team and the coach and while we can be fed up they are not delivering it just isn't living in the real world to suggest sacking people is going to solve anything or is even possible.

I thought people would have realised after last season when we lost Farrell you can't just go and pick up another world class player off the shelf.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was a joke Dave, lighten up mate :wink:

I know we are in crisis time but as somebody once said "they don't like it up em!"
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
It was a joke Dave, lighten up mate :wink:

I know we are in crisis time but as somebody once said "they don't like it up em!"
I gathered form the way it was written it was a joke but to be honest I can't see much humour in the situation at the moment. Even the irony of it fails to raise a smile.

I was away on a Rugby tour with my son this weekend and I am glad I was. I couldn't read the message board and if I had been able to I would have probably slit my wrists.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I know, dark times mate. Ah well from the embers we shall emerge (damn starting to sound like Uncle Mo). Something good will eventually happen.

I showed my 11 year old nephew Wigan v Leeds when offiah scored 10 tries and he said, how come we never beat Leeds anymore. :blush: