Millward sacked - Post Here

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
steve O

Re: ian.birchall are you c...

Post by steve O »

someone just told me that we have a new telephone number at the JJB

0800 101010 (won nowt won nowt one nowt)

i did not find it amusing!!
mrs_carney

Re: millward sacked

Post by mrs_carney »

Havent read all the posts but i think wigan have been stupid this time, what coach at all could have a team at the top of the league with at least 8 first choice players out, its stupid. No coach they bring in will have a better record than millward and hes refused offers to sort wigan out, another tribunal heading our way?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

ian.birchall posted:
Mike posted:
to the JJB now that your favourite coach is no longer at wigan?

Every cloud eh...?
Right away and in my party frock on Monday. I have already emailed t'club about getting my season tickets back. but in the meantime I'll just have to purchase the old farts discounted tickets on a weekly basis, makes getting soaking at Wakefield twice last week worth it. :D :D :D

PS Perhaps I can do a cut price deal to take ChrisA's ticket off him :lol: :lol:
I turn up regardless of who coaches the team, I support the team, not the coach, not the chairman, not the groundsman or the cleaners. I support Wigan as a club. Not all of us can say that, can we Ian. I never liked Eric Hughes, I still paid my money and showed my support. I didnt spit my dummy out like you.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

JIMH posted:
even with the bad results im still shocked,
So am I. I was at a meetng in Yorkshire today and heard the news on the radio on the way home and I nearly crashed the car (OK exaggeration but you get the point).

I have not agreed with Millwards selections several times but I really did think he would be given to the end of the season to sort things out.

In fact didn't Mo say to the press only a week or two ago when asked about Millwards future "We don't do things like that at Wigan" or words to that effect?

I am sure there are plenty of conspiracy theories about but the press release says the board sacked Millward so I wonder if Mo was overruled?

Despite my reservations about his selections I get the feeling this was the wrong thing to do despite the results.

The injuries won't clear up by Friday and are we now back to ML or the board signing players?

I have been expecting some sort of controversial anouncement by the club but I didn't expect this.

On rlfans a normally sane poster was advocating protests and I asked the question what would this acheive? I said they could not sack the players and the only short term change that could be made was to sack the coach but I never expected it to happen.

I posted that this morning before setting off for my meeting.

I hope to God they don't appoint Kear. I think they have screwed up.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Player power?
They haven't got it in them.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Jordz posted:
oh yeh, and edwards and farrel for new coaches, inject a bit of passion bak in, they know the score wen it comes to puttin a cherry an whites jersey on!1
I applaud your first post and laugh at your second. :lol:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Kat posted:
I think it's ******* disgraceful how he's been sacked! Does the club never learn, that sacking the coach hasn't worked before, so won't now? Time to get rid of MO!!!

No swearing please - Fraggle
:eusa2: 100% support this. That clown is long past his sell by date.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Millward sacked - Post...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ian.birchall posted:
Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia, alleluia amen.
the clubs soul redeemed. See you all at the JJB on Monday :D :D :D :D :D
Not if I see you first. Who is your choice for new coach?
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

ChrisA posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Mike posted:
to the JJB now that your favourite coach is no longer at wigan?

Every cloud eh...?
Right away and in my party frock on Monday. I have already emailed t'club about getting my season tickets back. but in the meantime I'll just have to purchase the old farts discounted tickets on a weekly basis, makes getting soaking at Wakefield twice last week worth it. :D :D :D

PS Perhaps I can do a cut price deal to take ChrisA's ticket off him :lol: :lol:
I turn up regardless of who coaches the team, I support the team, not the coach, not the chairman, not the groundsman or the cleaners. I support Wigan as a club. Not all of us can say that, can we Ian. I never liked Eric Hughes, I still paid my money and showed my support. I didnt spit my dummy out like you.
Neither did I. Well said. :eusa2:
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

mabye some can,t think of the badge A&L