LINDSAY AND WHELAN OUT!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
si_bax

LINDSAY AND WHELAN OUT!

Post by si_bax »

If you look at the past managers of wigan rugby, they have been at the top of the proffesion but yet we still perform poorly. this says something about the board. we have maurice lindsay who doesnt know what he is doing any more. and the dave whelan, a devoted latics fan who doesnt care about the rugby. we need a chairman who cares about rugby, money is not as much or an issue due to the salary cap, we need some1 to take an interest and boost the confidence in the entire club. :exc:
Cruncher

Re: LINDSAY AND WHELAN OUT!

Post by Cruncher »

Please God, don't let people at the club see posts like this and assume that it's a view representative of all Wigan fans.

DW could have ditched Wigan RL a long time ago. He hasn't because he's a long-term fan.

Yes, he's poured much more cash into the football, but that's because he's allowed to. I also have it on good authority that he's often strenuously defended his interest in Wigan RL when he's attended Latics fans meetings. (You can be a genuine supporter of both codes, you know).

Please don't starting maligning the man who may currently be the only thing between us and oblivion.
si_bax

Re: LINDSAY AND WHELAN OUT...

Post by si_bax »

But its deffinatly not the coachs that are in charge because they are top quality, something needs to be done, i shake up throughout the club might be the only way forward, as the situation is constantly getting worse
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

si_bax posted:
If you look at the past managers of wigan rugby, they have been at the top of the proffesion but yet we still perform poorly. this says something about the board. we have maurice lindsay who doesnt know what he is doing any more. and the dave whelan, a devoted latics fan who doesnt care about the rugby. we need a chairman who cares about rugby, money is not as much or an issue due to the salary cap, we need some1 to take an interest and boost the confidence in the entire club. :exc:
Whether you agree with Millwards sacking or not there is only one man putting his hand in his pocket to pay him off and to fund the release of the new coach (if the Noble rumour is correct). DW.

I've given up on seeing anything objective posted ahout ML.

Dave
wink

Post by wink »

Lindsay must go but NOT D.W. Without D.W. we wouldn't have a ground or a team. A concerted effort must be made on Monday to show the fans displeasure at Lindsay. A simple chant of ' Lindsay out', should reverberate around the ground for the majority of the game. Until the message gets home.
Wink
meatpie2005

Post by meatpie2005 »

Whelan can't be blamed, he doesn't pick the players. As for ML, well he's the obvious scapegoat isn't he? Whatever happens get behind the new boss and :eusa10: he can get it right. Wigan and relagation, don't go well together!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I just don't think that getting on Lindsay's back will help much at the present time.

We need to start showing a united front, preferably tomorrow.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wink posted:
Lindsay must go but NOT D.W. Without D.W. we wouldn't have a ground or a team. A concerted effort must be made on Monday to show the fans displeasure at Lindsay. A simple chant of ' Lindsay out', should reverberate around the ground for the majority of the game. Until the message gets home.
Wink
I think any protest on Monday would be insane.

It is a MUST WIN game and the last thing we need is unrest in the ground.

We all have our differing opinions on Lindsay but any distractions for the players isn't going to help.

There are already rumours the South Stand bar is closed after the game due to people posting the idea of a protest in there on rlfans. If true that tells me the club already know the strength of feeling so a proptest is only telling them what they already know while at the same time risking distracting the players.

Dave
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

this is what i have heard, my dad works with someone who nows people within the club and says that ML didnt sack milward, it was dave whelen who sacked milward. so ML is not to be blamed for sacking milward. if he is to blame, i personally believe that it was the right decision with the stories that i have heard about what has been going on concerning milward.
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

What stories you heard?