Re: Straight Down to Business

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
OK im stating the obvious but ! Weve got our man, no time for honeymoon or settling in period straight down to business starting with IMO getting some the highly paid players justifying there salary and playing to some of there potential. Yes its going to take time for Nobbie etc etc, but time isnt something we have got right now!

Whats your opinion on what nobles first priorities should be
Relegate the Undertaker and Wilkinson to the U21s coaching and promote John Pendlebury so we've got a coach and an assistant for Saturday with half a clue. If nothing else, Noble will have a lot better idea how to get the most benefit from using Feka and our props, rather than having him sat on the bench when we have 20+ tackles camped on the opposition line only to bring him on once we've lost possession.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
bertina

Post by bertina »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
OK im stating the obvious but ! Weve got our man, no time for honeymoon or settling in period straight down to business starting with IMO getting some the highly paid players justifying there salary and playing to some of there potential. Yes its going to take time for Nobbie etc etc, but time isnt something we have got right now!

Whats your opinion on what nobles first priorities should be
To tell some of the bone idle sods in the team to either start EARNING your wages or pack your bags.
lack of confidence is one thing, lack of effort is another.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Sort out the defence.

Conceding an average of 32+ points a game is unacceptable.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
DaveO

Re: Straight Down to Busin...

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
Relegate the Undertaker and Wilkinson to the U21s coaching and promote John Pendlebury so we've got a coach and an assistant for Saturday with half a clue.
Now that is a very good call. Anyone see a plan here? Pendlebury for coach in 18 months time after Noble leaves?
If nothing else, Noble will have a lot better idea how to get the most benefit from using Feka and our props, rather than having him sat on the bench when we have 20+ tackles camped on the opposition line only to bring him on once we've lost possession.
I was doing me nut at the game when this was going on. When I yelled "Where is Feka" or words to that effect someone in frnt said "But he's only just returned from injury". He looked fit enough to me and we needed the score.

That said as someone else mentioned, improved defence has to be the priority.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It will be very interesting to see what happens backroom staff wise. Farrar is leaving at the end of the year, maybe the undertaker should be put to rest? Noble seems to like an heir apparent as assistant? Pendelbury? Will he bring in his own team?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

PorterjohLam posted:
Lam for Assistant...
Whatfor? He wasn't qualified to be the coach and just because he was a great player for us doesn't qualify him for assitant in my book. We need a break from the past not someone who was a drinking buddy to half the team as Nobles right hand man. Why would Noble (who does not know Lam) want him as assitant?

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:

Relegate the Undertaker and Wilkinson to the U21s coaching and promote John Pendlebury so we've got a coach and an assistant for Saturday with half a clue. If nothing else, Noble will have a lot better idea how to get the most benefit from using Feka and our props, rather than having him sat on the bench when we have 20+ tackles camped on the opposition line only to bring him on once we've lost possession.

I'm with you here Fraggle but did you not notice that just as we got the first drop out under their sticks in this sequence we also took Tickle off just so we did not have our regular goal kicker on on the off chance that we might score a try and need a conversion. We didn't of course so Batman and Robin obviously knew we weren't going to score :angry:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
I would have hoped that Nobbies first job was to tell that greasy chariman of ours to keep is nose out of things to do with the running of the team
He doesn't need to. Ask Frank Endacott, Raper and Monie does Mo interfere with running the team and the answer will be "No".

Dave