When will we see Barret?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

When will we see Barret?

Post by yokozuna »

Is it possible that Barret could come to Wigan before the end of the season, in the same way Johns did for Warrington last season?

If he did, DV could step aside to make way for him...

:doz:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
yokozuna

Re: When will we see Barret?

Post by yokozuna »

No one know...?

:blush:
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
WiganWarrior

Re: When will we see Barre...

Post by WiganWarrior »

We wont before the end of the season i can see it unless Vaeliki, dallas or fletcher go before then.

Also even if it was before the end of the season it would only be if we were safe from relgation, any doubt in this and he wont come until he knows were not going down
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

well.....he has stated that us sacking ian millward has lead him astray and that it has effected him coming to the jjb (if he is). also andrew farrar is rumorued to be leaving and that was another reason for him joining us next year. now he has no rasons! especially is we get relegated.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Could he not come over on a short-term deal this season - separate to the planned signing next year?

That way he could be part of the team that's trying to avoid relegation before he signs/we're relegated.

When does the Ozzie season finish?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Doug Stand posted:
Trent Barret will not be coming to Wigan.
Millward and Farrar were the main influence in him coming here also you are forgetting that we could well be playing NL1 next year, in which case Barret will not come.
The short term deals that you mention are when the team gets into the play-offs. Wigan will not be in the play-offs this year.
Have you read the news article from earlier today. Barrett has said that the fact we have got Nobby as coach is a very exciting prospect and he looks forward to working with him. To quote his manager "it is more likely than not" that Barrett will join Wigan, the only reason he would not be coming is if we get relegated and he is keeping his options open until our future is more certain.

yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Doug Stand posted:
The short term deals that you mention are when the team gets into the play-offs. Wigan will not be in the play-offs this year.
That's what I was on about. Just wondering what the deal was there. Cheers.

medlocke

Re: When will we see Barret?

Post by medlocke »

I do not think he will come, IMO he is using wigan and the other 2 clubs to get a better deal of St george, lets forget barrett and go for Craig Wing or Ryan cross instead :eusa16:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Is it just me who's getting a little bored with these regular bulletins from Trent Barrett's manager?

One week he's happy to come, the next he isn't. The week after that he's not sure either way.

Jeez, is the guy really so good that he can be stringing us along like this without any complaint from our controllers?

Personally, I'd tell him to put up or shut up.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
Is it just me who's getting a little bored with these regular bulletins from Trent Barrett's manager?
No, its not just you.
One week he's happy to come, the next he isn't. The week after that he's not sure either way.

Jeez, is the guy really so good that he can be stringing us along like this without any complaint from our controllers?
I would imagine our controllers as you call them know what the deal is (or isn't) and are not being strung along at all. They will have made their offer and it may have been accepted or rejected already for all we know.

I am not bothered about what the Wigan club does so long as it keep quiet and does not feel the need to respond every time Barrets manager open his gob.

What bothers me nore is the incisiveness on Barrets part that his mangers comments seem to imply.

If he is that undecided will he not get home sick five minutes after he steps off the plane?

I am getting fed up of Aussies/Kiwi's coming to the club and falling flat on their faces. I know it does not happen to many of them and most are great for us but the warning signs are already there with this guy.
Personally, I'd tell him to put up or shut up.
Same here and its a pity there aren't any quality GB half backs becoming available who we could chase as at least we would know what to expect (cue comments about Orr...)

Dave