Top 10 FAQ's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Top 10 FAQ's

Post by WiganWarrior »

In additional to what has been brought up on the new members thread i thought maybe we should have some user input to create it they Mike can have the overall call when we have made the list for him

i would suggest

1. No text speak on the board
2. Keep same topic in 1 thread
3. No latics convo unless relevent

dont know whether this is what anyone had in mind
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
- psycho -

Re: Top 10 FAQ's

Post by - psycho - »

WiganWarrior posted:
In additional to what has been brought up on the new members thread i thought maybe we should have some user input to create it they Mike can have the overall call when we have made the list for him

i would suggest

when is latics convo relevant? if it is to be kept to strictly wigan rugby or at elast rugby league then i put a complete ban on latics threads! from now! any football threads from now should be blocked by the mods. that ok guys?
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

There'll be stuff about swearing, insults towards other users, trolling both from users and from our short-lived visitors, and will cover what the moderators will do about the more serious things - whether it be editing or deleting messages, or in rare cases blocking user accounts. It'll give me something to do this weekend, but I'm open to any suggestions.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
when is latics convo relevant? if it is to be kept to strictly wigan rugby or at elast rugby league then i put a complete ban on latics threads! from now! any football threads from now should be blocked by the mods. that ok guys?
It's not always so simple. Non-RL related topics do crop up occasionally, and so long as they don't get in the way of RL-related stuff and are easily identifiable then I see no problem. WRT Latics, there may be instances where they are relevant, such as discussions about our fixture schedule, or in 3 years time if Whelan looks like carrying out his suggestion of selling us and how that might impact the other team... What we don't want is people on with the "Latics / football is great, you lot are xxxxxxx " or the reverse. Football and RU are taking up ideas from RL, there was a survey whose results were published this week amongst lower-league soccer teams, for example, advocating having a sin-bin instead of yellow cards. That would be worthy of debate on here. And, thinking of another of this week's topics, if women's tennis were ever to introduce scrums then we might also want to talk about that!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think that if a claim or rumour thread should not be allowed to continue unless a source of value is stated next to the original comment
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
I think that if a claim or rumour thread should not be allowed to continue unless a source of value is stated next to the original comment
these are rumour threads right? sometimes it isn't allowed to state who the source is as it could cause trouble, even if it is true!. earlier last week i said noble had already took charge of wigan and i know through a former bradford player and everyone laughed at me. look what happened..............

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
There'll be stuff about swearing, insults towards other users, trolling both from users and from our short-lived visitors, and will cover what the moderators will do about the more serious things - whether it be editing or deleting messages, or in rare cases blocking user accounts. It'll give me something to do this weekend, but I'm open to any suggestions.
Much of it is basic "netiquette" that is well covered in sites like these:
http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/securit ... uette.mspx

http://www.moyamoya.com/netiquette.html

EDIT: reminded by another thread, but how to post hyperlinks and images. How about a reminder for people to keep clicking the ads, too - 'cos Mike's gonna have to upgrade the server again if the site keeps growing at this rate!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

- psycho - posted:
when is latics convo relevant?
I can think of a few examples: when they affect our fixtures; topics about the turf condition; the white markings being left on; stewarding rules brought in because of soccer; Lindsay/Whelan threads as they're involved in both...probably more but it's past my bedtime!
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

GeoffN posted:
- psycho - posted:
when is latics convo relevant?
I can think of a few examples: when they affect our fixtures; topics about the turf condition; the white markings being left on; stewarding rules brought in because of soccer; Lindsay/Whelan threads as they're involved in both...probably more but it's past my bedtime!
what i meant was when people come onto the boards and say "wigan rl are **** and latics rule!". stuff like that i hate, and hate is such a strong word so it's best to keep latic's and football related threads for a different message board.

heydude

Post by heydude »

WiganWarrior posted:

i would suggest

how about stopping threads where is title of the thread does not relate to the subject in the thread like top 10 faq and then only getting three lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
don't eat yellow snow