WINGERS FOR NEXT WEEK!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

WINGERS FOR NEXT WEEK!

Post by turf »

Should Dallas be ruled out next week, I was just wondering who our two wingers would be in the starting 13 next week?

I say Richards on one wing, and Ashton on the other.
mrs_carney

Re: WINGERS FOR NEXT WEEK!

Post by mrs_carney »

why not wait to see if dallas is fit then use the squad selector on site?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dallas is fit. Virtually the whole team came in the Globe Inn, Standish playing darts, pool and generally celebrating. Dallas was with them and was fine.

BTW, the wingers will go even better if they swap Dallas and Richards around to their rightful sides. Dallas only ever moved to the left because we had Jason Robinson when he joined Wigan. He was always a right winger in Aus.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
Dallas is fit. Virtually the whole team came in the Globe Inn, Standish playing darts, pool and generally celebrating. Dallas was with them and was fine.

BTW, the wingers will go even better if they swap Dallas and Richards around to their rightful sides. Dallas only ever moved to the left because we had Jason Robinson when he joined Wigan. He was always a right winger in Aus.
So was Richards. he's just had his best game for us and you want to mess him about again? Dallas has been fine for us on the left: if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

richards and dallas, when fit have calderwood at centre or fullback if at full back have ashton at centre :)
To be the best
you have to beat the best
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Geoff, I think Richards played left wing for the Tigers. Goulding is also a left centre. Putting players on their natural side seems common sense and may stop the leakage of tries out wide.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan posted:
Geoff, I think Richards played left wing for the Tigers. Goulding is also a left centre. Putting players on their natural side seems common sense and may stop the leakage of tries out wide.
He played all the games I saw on the right last season, including the GF, with Fitzhenry on the left.

It was our left that was leaking tries...OK the last one was on the right, but the initial break was on the left, and was really made by a combination of Aspinwall and Moran!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.tigers.org.au/Football_club/ ... sTeam.html

For me one of the messages from last night was lets play people in their proper positions. Ashton is a fullback, he again looked great, Richards is a winger, he looked far better, lets make it even better and put him on his natural left side. Moran, okay he will never win us all over but he looks far better at 7 than 1
ince warrior

Post by ince warrior »

Richards and Dallas
WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGAN!!!

WRLFC & SCFC FOR LIFE!!!

WE HATE LATICS, SAINTS, MACCLESFIELD, BURNLEY, CITY, LEEDS, WIRE AND WREXHAM!!!!
Kat

Post by Kat »

NOOOO!!! We can't have Ashton on the wing! He's not a winger! We should keep him at full-back where he belongs!

When is Calderwood meant to be returning?