Goalkicking

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Goalkicking

Post by cpwigan »

Should we not gicve this to Richards full time. If need be get him a kicking coach etc. He has a good record in terms of not being injured, he will always be on the pitch unlike a forward and it could boost his confidence al a Frano Botica.
- psycho -

Re: Goalkicking

Post by - psycho - »

hes deffinately not bad kciker and with a bit of work could probably be amazing were kicking is concerned.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

I think we definately need a recognised kicker... not sure whether its Richards or Tickle to be honest. It would be nice to have Frano back kicking them from the touchline every time. :)
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

how many kicks did we miss last night ,must have been around 5 and ten points is to much to give away. it will loose us tight games if we don,t improve
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

waterside glens posted:
how many kicks did we miss last night ,must have been around 5 and ten points is to much to give away. it will loose us tight games if we don,t improve
to be fair 1 of tickles was quite silly as he slipped before he took it which lead to the abll hitting the post. and we missed 4 which was only really 8 points and tickle wouldnt usually miss that so that about 6 points. everyone misses kicks.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

waterside glens posted:
That was worrying. One thing about Danny Tickle is that his kicking last year was superb, not far behind Farrell in terms of accuracy from difficult kicks, and none of the others who have tried kicking this year have been close to the standard he set. But he himself seems to be struggling with kicks this year. Perhaps it's lack of practice, as we've not exactly been scoring many tries this year, or perhaps he's got other things on his mind at the moment which is affecting his kicking.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
waterside glens

our kicking for goal was also poor against quins
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

waterside glens posted:
our kicking for goal was also poor against quins
And against Saints, not that we had many conversion attempts. Richards missed an absolute sitter in that game, from only just wide of the goals.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We missed too many WG. I always rated Danny T for his kicking but he seems very much out of form and as a forward he is rarely going to be on the pitch for the full 80. The club could even get Faz back to work with Pat
waterside glens

i think we need to do something ,as i have said these points could cost us wins in tight games