Danny Orr

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Danny Orr

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

To be fair the lads had a lot of critism, most of it valid it is true but i think he deserves some praise for once. In the huddersfield game i thought he had a cracking game and when i went watching to quinns he was the only one trying and talking, i think he should be a candidate for captain it may give him the confidence he needs to play well week in week out
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Danny Orr

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think your being harsh on him he tries 100% every match and is always bellowing commands in every match not just the last few thats why i think he's a "candidate" for captain because lockers doesn't know how to talk to the team at all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
I think your being harsh on him he tries 100% every match and is always bellowing commands in every match not just the last few thats why i think he's a "candidate" for captain because lockers doesn't know how to talk to the team at all
I agree. Orr didn't suddenly start playing the captains role at Hudds. He has tried to get the players going every game this season he has played in.

He and Fletcher are the obvious choices for captain.

Dave
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

I think there's too much criticism aimed at Orr. I don't want him as captain. I've always wanted Fletch, but Orr does talk.

At that abysmal game vs. Harlequins, he was yelling every time they scored.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
to be fair to o'loughlin, he was talking to the players at the hudds game. when we conceded the first try in the corner he gathered them in a circle and told them what to do. orr and fletcher are very good motivators though and have great communication skills.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

I was 1 who wanted to give him a second chance last year and he improves slightly but this season he has been poor. I wanted him out.

But after last sat i think with Noble he can become a good player for us agiain. He bneed to improve but at Cas he was good if he can get back to that form then id have him here next season.
mario

Post by mario »

thegimble posted:
I was 1 who wanted to give him a second chance last year and he improves slightly but this season he has been poor. I wanted him out.

But after last sat i think with Noble he can become a good player for us agiain. He bneed to improve but at Cas he was good if he can get back to that form then id have him here next season.
We haven't got a choice he's got a contract till the end of next season
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mario posted:
thegimble posted:

We haven't got a choice he's got a contract till the end of next season
If he improves and plays well we could be thankful he has another year to go.
mario

Post by mario »

I was glad when we signed him and i would be glad of him for another year if he played like he did at Cas,but we've been saying he'll get better for 3 seasons now.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Danny Orr will always look good when he is playing in the bottom of a league. :conf: