Phil Clarke

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Phil Clarke

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 88,00.html
Amongst other things, he says:

"I have no doubt that Wigan can become the best team in the world again. They have brilliant facilities, a new stadium, terrific support and the best pool of talented young players anywhere in the country. (It's an interesting fact that as a town, Wigan produces more players for Super League than any other town. Deacon, Newton and Johnson at the current World Club Champions are just three examples).

It would take a lot of bad luck for Wigan to be relegated. I believe that they have a greater chance of making the play-offs than going down to National League One.

Twenty years ago this month, my father was sacked as the Wigan coach, along with Alan McInnes. As is the case today, there wasn't a lot of sympathy then, and it put me off having a go in that hot seat.

Wigan need to win 12 games from the remaining 17 to make the play-offs in my opinion. Ten of those games are at home at the JJB Stadium. If they have a full squad to choose from, I think that they'll make it."

Discuss.
mike binder

Re: Phil Clarke

Post by mike binder »

i think mr clarke as fallen back in love with the club ,hes allways bigging us up at the moment.He does have a valied point. full squad and alot of home games ,he did watch the quinns match i saw him there :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mike binder posted:
i think mr clarke as fallen back in love with the club ,hes allways bigging us up at the moment.He does have a valied point. full squad and alot of home games ,he did watch the quinns match i saw him there :lol:

I still feel we can make top 6. Though if we play like we did agaijnst Quins then we will go down.

But on Sat we hammered the Giants and if that continues and we improve then anything is possible.

If tjhe Saints get knocked out by the Bulls then the CC is a real possibility.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

One step at a time, lets shake off relegation then think about other things
Big D.

Post by Big D. »

cpwigan posted:
One step at a time, lets shake off relegation then think about other things
Another ex-Wiganer who did us proud.

I had the honour of working with the Academy side a few years ago when Phil was in charge and I found him to be an excellent host and a nice guy to boot.

I hope he's right about us becoming World class again, yes , we need to walk before we can run again but it's more than possible.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

leaving the jjb after the quinns game has to be one of my all time sporting lows
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I am liking Phils Haircut and iam thinking of going for that style myself :cool:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
I am liking Phils Haircut and iam thinking of going for that style myself :cool:
So would i but im semi bald.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

me too :D baldies rule
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Still wears the badge on his heart. Once a wiganer, always a wiganer. We can make the playoffs i genuinely believe that, and you are right, we need to steer away from relegation before we start thinking about top 6.

phil clarke is my best mates 2nd cousin (another fact about him, alog with same schools and churches and houses etc..)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame