The one positive

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

The one positive

Post by cpwigan »

I thought Logan went far better last night than prior to injury.
Fujiman

Re: The one positive

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan posted:
looked like he was getting a bit of form together but for the size of him he should be punching holes in the defense a lot more. Hope he keeps getting better
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Not surprised as when he was water carrier he showed more passion than te rest of the team on the pitch.

If there is another positive it was the form of Higham but that is it as far as positives go.

Dave
sedbergh

Post by sedbergh »

I agree Logan did have a good game but the difference between us and other teams is that they have a Danny McGuire waiting for the offload. How many times did the forwards take the ball forward whilst the backs watched and waited for the play the ball? Logan had his arms free to off load a few times but there was no one there!
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

cpwigan posted:
Puffing like an old goat after every carry and out shone by their front row.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

there was improvement last night and as nobby said it will take time for the players to gel. i just hope we don,t run out of time . at the moment i don,t care if we have to go to the last game to stay up as long as we do
Big D.

Post by Big D. »

waterside glens posted:
there was improvement last night and as nobby said it will take time for the players to gel. i just hope we don,t run out of time . at the moment i don,t care if we have to go to the last game to stay up as long as we do
Well said, we've got to look for the positives, no matter how hard it is at the moment.

Let's give Veivers time to see if we can sort out the shambles in defence, give Fletcher the captaincy for the season, Hock's almost back, Logan will get fitter.

I think Brian Noble has got the bottle to sort out the scrum half/ stand off situation, evem if heads have to roll.

That fat lady ain't singing yet ?!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I posted this elsewhere previously. Fletcher is the on field captain and O'loughlin is now the club captain. If you do not bel;ieve me, note the regular communication between KK and Fletch.
fishpot

Post by fishpot »

Mr. Veivers needs to spend a long long time on O'Loughlins tackling technique, and teaching Calderwood what a tackle actually is.
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

fishpot posted:
Mr. Veivers needs to spend a long long time on O'Loughlins tackling technique, and teaching Calderwood what a tackle actually is.
I was at the game last night and i thought Calderwood takling was very good, Only my opinion though.