Brian Carney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
scrumdown

Brian Carney

Post by scrumdown »

He was a guest on the BBC radio Manchesters rugby hour last night.

Was asked directly was he signing to play rar-rar with Ireland when his contract finishes this year and he stated no comment!
Dorsey

Re: Brian Carney

Post by Dorsey »

Be a great shame if he does go especially if he continues to play like he did on Good Friday (and what a very good Friday it was!) but we all know by now what weird and wonderful ways they have at Mecca (aka the JJB)
warriorjon

Re: Re: Brian Carney

Post by warriorjon »

I would be gutted to see him go think he is a superb winger and has the potential to become even better as hes only been playing the sport for about 5 years in total think he gives his all week in week out. His ability to bring the ball out of defence and take on the tacklers especially the big forwards sapping there energy is second to non in my opinion. Think he is still a little raw around the edges but in a couple of years think he would be an even greater asset to the team. If the money is right though cant blame him and id wish him well where ever he went.
MRS BRIAN CARNEY

Re: Re: Re: Brian Carney

Post by MRS BRIAN CARNEY »

Oh no...what will i do if he goes. I met him last week where i work and i asked him also if he knew if his contract was going to be extended and he said he'll have to wait and see.He is such a lovely bloke, if he goes i may have to move to ireland to continue to watch him.
WIGANMAD2001

Re: Re: Re: Re: Brian Carney

Post by WIGANMAD2001 »

I have watched Brian since he came to the Thunder although he was immedeatly started everyone could see he had real potential and since he has came to Wigan he has blossemed in such an experienced squad. I seem to remmember him getting some stick for playing in the super league but i think he has answered his critics this year.
For Love Of The Game