It was a Try

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
we_need_a_coach

It was a Try

Post by we_need_a_coach »

:conf:
At least thats what Nobbie said on the radio this morning, funny that, because I have just read this mornings papers and they say it wasn't.

Nobbie, get real, if the ref say No Try, then it's No Try.

:conf: :conf:
Fraggle

Re: It was a Try

Post by Fraggle »

This topic is already covered elsewhere. Please do not start a new thread to discuss exactly the same thing.

http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject206685
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

...but is it a case of whether there was intent to remove the ball? If it was intentionally stolen by Halpenny then it's not Richards fault, this is we all know.

However, judging from Halpenny's positioning (coming from behind Richards) I don't think it was intentional, therefore, is the onus not on Richard to maintain control of the ball?
jodie clark

Post by jodie clark »

i agree bad guy it was a try i talked to brian after the game and he said he thought it was a try stevo also said it was a try bt pat richards
always look on the bright side of life :D

what ever happens stick together !!!

simply the best,better than all the rest !!

!!! WE ARE THE WARRIORS !!!

R.I.P Mike Gregory A True legend xxxx
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

It was not a try. The ball hit the floor just before he placed his hand on it.

So called good players do not loose a ball in that situation when so much is at stake. We did not deserve to win and that hurts me to say that.

wigan saint

Post by wigan saint »

The problem is they have created one great big grey area with the rules. the video ref obviousley felt that the wakefield player didn't go for the ball and was just going for the tackle. the tackler couldn't see the ball he was just putting his arms around the player to tackle him.

This needs to be addressed as soon as possible, and it should be scrapped. why should ball carriers be continually penalised just because the tackler didn't mean to knock the ball out... fact is the tacklet knocked the ball out of the wigan players hands which should be 'play on', which means that should have been a try.

although if you want to give wigan that try, you have to go back and deduct 2 points off wigan and give wakefield another 6, because thay should have been a try for wakefield, never an obstruction... wakefield should have been celebtrating a six pointer, instead wigan got an easy penalty kick.

no matter who you are or what you do.... we will always be better than you.....
wigan saint

Post by wigan saint »

The problem is they have created one great big grey area with the rules. the video ref obviousley felt that the wakefield player didn't go for the ball and was just going for the tackle. the tackler couldn't see the ball he was just putting his arms around the player to tackle him.

This needs to be addressed as soon as possible, and it should be scrapped. why should ball carriers be continually penalised just because the tackler didn't mean to knock the ball out... fact is the tacklet knocked the ball out of the wigan players hands which should be 'play on', which means that should have been a try.

although if you want to give wigan that try, you have to go back and deduct 2 points off wigan and give wakefield another 6, because thay should have been a try for wakefield, never an obstruction... wakefield should have been celebtrating a six pointer, instead wigan got an easy penalty kick.

no matter who you are or what you do.... we will always be better than you.....
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

wigan saint posted:

wasnt an obstruction was your opinion but looking at your colours dont you think tou was wearing my rose tinted glasses :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Likely_Lad

Post by Likely_Lad »

wigan saint posted:

I think that is incorrect. IMO the video ref bottled it and went for the safest option, thus ruling no try and giving the benefit of the doubt to the defense.
The poster formerly knows as Wizard_Millward.

I wasn't as fit or strong as before but my two biggest muscles still worked - my heart and my head - Kris Radlinski.
Jake

Post by Jake »

reefing the ball in a one on one tackle is play on. Richard's grounded correctly therefore try, is it only Wiganer's who can see it ?