Clinton Toopi

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dawber

Clinton Toopi

Post by Dawber »

I'ts just been reported on bbc radio manchester the wigan are about to sign the New Zealand warriors centre Clinton Toopi, Noble don't waist any time does he?
Dawber

Re: Clinton Toopi

Post by Dawber »

it also says on Fox sports in Australia "Bailey becomes a Warrior
SHARKS player Phil Bailey will join Trent Barrett at English Super League club Wigan next year, the former Australia Test utility signing a three-year deal."

Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Doug Stand posted:
Dawber posted:
I'ts just been reported on bbc radio manchester the wigan are about to sign the New Zealand warriors centre Clinton Toopi, Noble don't waist any time does he?
For next year or this? what exactley did it say?
Sorry Doug, Thats about all it said, I'm pretty sure it ia for this year, But after the announcment of Phil Baily i'm wondering if they got the name wrong, Although there is a big difference between Phil Baily and Clinton Toopi?, BBC radio Manchester tend to repeat a lot of it's news stories on the hour so if you can tune in you may hear the article again, The next sports news on Radio Manchester is at 11:00 am, Sorry i can't be of more help
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

A quick search on Google brought back the following story from a few months ago (http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1436337):-
On 11 April 2006 Wigan Evening Post wrote:

Meanwhile, Millward has dismissed speculation that Warriors are set to move for New Zealand Test centre Clinton Toopi.

Toopi is out of contract at New Zealand Warriors at the end of this season and is widely regarded as hot property on both sides of the globe.

But Millward points out the Kiwi would count on the club's overseas quota which is currently full.

He said: "This is merely newspaper speculation or good work by his manager to include us in the running.
With Barrett and Baily apparently signed for next year, plus Fletcher, we've no more overseas slots for Toopi.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Dawber posted:
I was watching St George Dragons vs New Zealand Warriors on the weekend and the commentators said something along the lines of, Toopi's poor form has seen him go from an International centre to starting from the bench for the New Zealand Warriors, his poor defence and tendency to though out bizarre passes has resulted in his decline
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

adrenalinxx posted:
his poor defence and tendency to though out bizarre passes...
Sounds ideal for us!
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

My dad just rung me and said that in the daily express it says that we are trying to sign Toopi. It says that he is expected to give an answer in the next two or three weeks. And if he signs he may come over for the end of this season.
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Fraggle posted:
A quick search on Google brought back the following story from a few months ago (http://www.wigantoday.net/ViewArticle2. ... ID=1436337):-

Meanwhile, Millward has dismissed speculation that Warriors are set to move for New Zealand Test centre Clinton Toopi.

Toopi is out of contract at New Zealand Warriors at the end of this season and is widely regarded as hot property on both sides of the globe.

But Millward points out the Kiwi would count on the club's overseas quota which is currently full.

He said: "This is merely newspaper speculation or good work by his manager to include us in the running.
With Barrett and Baily apparently signed for next year, plus Fletcher, we've no more overseas slots for Toopi.
Kolpak, al Dave V ?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ChrisA posted:
Fraggle posted:

Kolpak, al Dave V ?
Maybe, although Mildred didn't seem to think so. Perhaps he's got relatives in Europe (which should mean non-quota thanks to the European Union), Toopi sounds like a nice Dutch name...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

van Toopi?