PRAISE/GRUMBLE - SALFORD AWAY!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

PRAISE/GRUMBLE - SALFORD AWAY!

Post by turf »

Praise - A few positive performances tonight and our defence was (until Moran came on) getting better, Dallas for having the guts and decency to come over and thank the Wigan fans for their support at the end of the game.

What a pity he is a winger because we desperately need someone to lead the team at this moment in time and he is professional who always gives 100% (even when as usual the headhunters are out in force..)

Grumble - Bentham (Whoever thought of him as a referee wants shooting as does Bentham himself), Ashton getting polaxed, Moran and O'Loughlin, (Enough said just mentioning their names) Lack of leadership, lack of ideas near the opponents line, and lack of ideas in attack.
phil.freda

Re: PRAISE/GRUMBLE - SALFORD A...

Post by phil.freda »

praise scot logan plenty of go forward.chips £1.00
wigan brill support again.
grumble noble only dropping moron to the bench???
pie eater and proud of it

Re: PRAISE/GRUMBLE - SALFO...

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Praise : Hock. Excellent comeback game, some brilliant tackles and a few neat offloads.

Grumble : What a ref !! Oh boy we are finding out this season how much Cummings hates Wigan and loves Stains.... he has refs programmed to give other teams everything !! :angry: :angry:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

praise the fans ,noble and the forwards
grumble moran and his fellow aussie ,kiwi backs :lol: :angry:and the ref

special praise gaz hock was supperb :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
steve_oh

Re: PRAISE/GRUMBLE - SALFORD A...

Post by steve_oh »

Praise - Hock,great for 1st match back.
Ashton - MoM, superb try-saving tackles
Forwards in defence

Grumble - O'Loughlin,clueless at stand-off, hopeless tackling let through at least 3 linebreakers
Our attack once we got to within 20 metres - so predictable we never looked like scoring all 1st half even with such good field position and go-forward.
Moran - gets boring i know but has to be said again.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

steve_oh posted:
Praise - Hock,great for 1st match back.
Ashton - MoM, superb try-saving tackles
Forwards in defence

Grumble - O'Loughlin,clueless at stand-off, hopeless tackling let through at least 3 linebreakers
Our attack once we got to within 20 metres - so predictable we never looked like scoring all 1st half even with such good field position and go-forward.
Moran - gets boring i know but has to be said again.
this was how i saw it [well heard it to be precise] but i still think we are going the right direction now that we have tightened up in defense. just need to get rid of moran even for a few weeks to see if it bucks his ideas up
Miggy

Post by Miggy »

Praise- The fans who couldn't have given any more support, they were brill, especially when Reds fans started to sing 'Going down', to which the Wigan fans responded 'So are we'. Classic- they had no response to that.

Grumble- Bringing Moran on. We'd played much better without him. Bentham- thought Kirkpatrick was bad but this guy takes the biscuit!
Take me home, Wigan Road
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

praise- ashton's commitment again. how can some people on this board (not naming people) question his commitment and heart.
orr at scrum half. he may not have been perfect moving out of position but he did try and made some good tackles.
the forwards.

grumble- bentham's bizarre decisions. the decision to bring play back right at the end of the second half was a disgrace. compare that incident to the cas one and ask yourself mr.bentham, am i that much of an idiot?
our attack. we can defend now that nobby has tightened it up again but our attack was silenced.
the disgusting tackle on young ashton. bentham new he got it wrong, thats why he called the forward pass against salford about 30 seconds later.

special praise- gareth hock. i knew he would make and impact but we deffinately looked stronger with him in the side. great game, good solid defence, some HUGE hits, good runs and offloads.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

- psycho - posted:
praise- ashton's commitment again. how can some people on this board (not naming people) question his commitment and heart.
ChrisA!

Name and shame Psycho! Name and shame! Haha
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Praise
Our defence for the first 50 minutes, we did well not to allow them to break our line for so long.

The committment of players like Dallas, O'Loughlin (he is more visible when he makes mistakes because he is central to everything!), Logan, Feka, Seuseu (he's making effort now, just a bit past it I feel) and Ashton (superb prospect).

Grumble
Inability to attack our opponents line. Our kicks on the last were 'better' this week, but still not giving us loads of time to pressure the fullback/winger.

The way the players heads went down when they scored that first try, plus the defending of that try, pathetic. Then the heads were down and the flood gates opened.

I thought the referee had a bad game, don't think he was biased just missed a few things, would like to see a replay. I would especially like to see Ashton getting, what I thought, was an elbow around the head by Coley as Dunneman had just tackled him.

Conclusion
We need to play a side that makes 20 mistakes (we need 10 mistakes to capitalise) in a game and where our defence is perfect for the 80 to build confidence and go on a winning run. Unfortunately I cannot see this happening anytime soon and if we stay up I feel it will be down to luck more than playing our way out.