Poor Dennis !!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
reds fan

Poor Dennis !!!!!!

Post by reds fan »

Nearly every post on this forum contains some scathing remark about dennis Moran in one form or another. Leave the fella alone. You can't excpect him to perform when he is getting booed even b4 he's taken the field. As for all you fans who watched the match on the radio, don't be misled by the commentry. Both our teams were very mediocre last night, wigan didn't play well untill Moran came on! They were below average right from the start as were Salford. I know I was stood in the pouring ran watching a very average game.A very low confidence Salford team ripped you apart with relative ease, thank the lord for Ashton!!! Instead of using Dennis Moran as a scapegoat why not point the finger at the 3-4 players who held Sean Rutgerson short of the line only to let him power over and score. Or the player who actually assisted Stuart Littler over the line when he was actually short. These are the people who are letting your side down. Wigan were very very average through out, can't say if ur defence as improved or not on this showing,salford at the minute are playing very badly. The real test of that will be next week. I also see posts saying this should never have been earmarked as a place for a turning point for your season and that the turning point will be next week against Stains. Sorry can't agree , the turning point should have been Cas a few weeks ago and unfortunatley it didn't happen. Still think you'll survive once you start your run of home matches, but its gonna take hard work. If you seriously don't want Dennis send him to us we'll have. P.S. Whoever the fans where who were getting a grip of Maurice Lindsey's Land Rover outside the Willows and screaming obsenities at him. It dosn't help !!!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Poor Dennis !!!!!!

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Well tell you wat we'll have robinson back and you can have moran and see how long you patients lasts!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

reds fan posted:
Nearly every post on this forum contains some scathing remark about dennis Moran in one form or another. Leave the fella alone. You can't excpect him to perform when he is getting booed even b4 he's taken the field. As for all you fans who watched the match on the radio, don't be misled by the commentry. Both our teams were very mediocre last night, wigan didn't play well untill Moran came on! They were below average right from the start as were Salford. I know I was stood in the pouring ran watching a very average game.A very low confidence Salford team ripped you apart with relative ease, thank the lord for Ashton!!! Instead of using Dennis Moran as a scapegoat why not point the finger at the 3-4 players who held Sean Rutgerson short of the line only to let him power over and score. Or the player who actually assisted Stuart Littler over the line when he was actually short. These are the people who are letting your side down. Wigan were very very average through out, can't say if ur defence as improved or not on this showing,salford at the minute are playing very badly. The real test of that will be next week. I also see posts saying this should never have been earmarked as a place for a turning point for your season and that the turning point will be next week against Stains. Sorry can't agree , the turning point should have been Cas a few weeks ago and unfortunatley it didn't happen. Still think you'll survive once you start your run of home matches, but its gonna take hard work. If you seriously don't want Dennis send him to us we'll have. P.S. Whoever the fans where who were getting a grip of Maurice Lindsey's Land Rover outside the Willows and screaming obsenities at him. It dosn't help !!!!!
When your desperate evry week is a potential turning point. The thing about the booing is that you've only just seen it and not seen the games before when moran has been awful. For his sake he would be better off making a fresh start somewere else. He was good at London so there is something there, but not for wigan. I did watch the match on the radio because of work but didn't fancy having a pie whisling past my ear fthrown rom a kid in the stand like the league match, i know it wasn/t a snowball because somebody picked it up and took abite out of it :lol1:
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

reds fan posted:
Nearly every post on this forum contains some scathing remark about dennis Moran in one form or another. Leave the fella alone. You can't excpect him to perform when he is getting booed even b4 he's taken the field.
he is booed for a reason you know. 1) he is a disgrace 2)he is a joke and 3) he used to be cheered. and you say he cant perform because he gets booed. rubbish! :angry: . he gets booed for a reason, because he is terrible week in week out. you claim to have attended the game last night but if you did, how can you praise his performance. fair enough he cant do it all on his own but it would help if he actually contributed!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
scholesblue

Post by scholesblue »

It looks well when a reds fan tells wigan fans to get behind they players AND I FULLY AGREE with him.
Get off their backs as most players hate losing and our main player Moran is getting slagged off left, right and centre.
Wigan fans love to moan about something even in the days off beating Salford 50 odd points.
Great to see Salford doing well.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

scholesblue posted:
It looks well when a reds fan tells wigan fans to get behind they players AND I FULLY AGREE with him.
Get off their backs as most players hate losing and our main player Moran is getting slagged off left, right and centre.
Wigan fans love to moan about something even in the days off beating Salford 50 odd points.
Great to see Salford doing well.
Getting behind a player works both ways. If we cheer every player, whatever their performance, that belittles the genuinely deserved cheers for someone like Ashton. When Moran was playing well, he was deservedly getting cheered, as was Tickle last season, but they all have to earn their applause, and too many of the team aren't doing that.
Are we supposed to cheer every time Moran passes into touch, knocks on, or puts yet another kick straight into the fullback's arms?
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

reds fan posted:
As for all you fans who watched the match on the radio, don't be misled by the commentry. Both our teams were very mediocre last night, wigan didn't play well untill Moran came on! They were below average right from the start as were Salford. I know I was stood in the pouring ran watching a very average game.A very low confidence Salford team ripped you apart with relative ease
A very honest appraisal and to be honest I've got to agree. I'm not sure Robinson was really man of the match, he wasn't brilliant but then he didn't really need to be. Neither side really looked like scoring in the first half, perhaps a drop goal from either side might have been in order but otherwise we both looked quite ordinary.

I've criticised Moran elsewhere, but again you're right to say that other players are also to blame. I'm not going to worry too much about the three tries, I'm more concerned about our abysmal completion rate again. We can't possibly hope to score if we're conceding possession on the 2nd or 3rd tackle through dropped balls or other silly mistakes. Yes, it was raining, but not enough to justify all the knock-ons - I've seen far better handling in much worse conditions than that. Panic passes, kicks to no-one in particular, playing on after the tackle... all silly mistakes that for us onto the defensive too much and we can't hope to score if we don't have the ball.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
luke_robinsons_angel

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

it makes a change hearing someone else getting slated, rather than always calling kev brown,

By the looks of things now, we won't have kev next season anyway,
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

we havent slated kev brown recently. probaby because he hasnt played. But he did well against Castleford playing the "waterboy" role.

only joking kev... id like to see brown back in the first team asap.

Morans problem... Wigan is bigger than Moran. London wasnt.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame