Re: WHAT DOES DANNY TICKLE NEED TO GET HIS PLAYING STANDARDS BACK TO LAST SEASON?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
stacey c

Re: WHAT DOES DANNY TICKLE NEED TO GET HIS PLAYING STANDARDS BACK TO LAST SEASON?

Post by stacey c »

I know this sounds realy daft and too simple but i believe he just needs more practise. Noble has been working hard with the team as much as possible so maybe the goalkicking duties have been put on the backburner.After all we all know we dont much need a goal kicker if the team are not scoring tries.
Ron

Re: WHAT DOES DANNY TICKLE...

Post by Ron »

stacey c posted:
I know this sounds realy daft and too simple but i believe he just needs more practise. Noble has been working hard with the team as much as possible so maybe the goalkicking duties have been put on the backburner.After all we all know we dont much need a goal kicker if the team are not scoring tries.
After reading the local papers last week concerning the sad and sudden death of Danny Tickle's dad, I think it is quite understandable that not only his rugby but his life in general has been turned upside down. I hadn't heard anything of this but apparently he died in late 2004. It certainly puts a new light on what is happening with him.
turf

Post by turf »

I think a kick up the backside is a bit harsh, as is dropping. I think he needs support, if as has been suggested on here, he is going through a hard time at the minute.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Ron posted:

After reading the local papers last week concerning the sad and sudden death of Danny Tickle's dad, I think it is quite understandable that not only his rugby but his life in general has been turned upside down. I hadn't heard anything of this but apparently he died in late 2004. It certainly puts a new light on what is happening with him.
If he died in late 2004 then I am not sure how it puts a new light on it because Tickle had an outstanding season in 2005, the season following on after his bereavement.

If he had played poorly in 2005 and come back to form this season I could understand it but it is the other way around.

That makes me think his loss is not the root cause of his lack of foirm. I oculd be wrong and he may be suffering some sort of delayed reaction but he seemed to cope very well in 2005 and gave no hint of a problem.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

turf posted:
I think we should send our condolances to Tickle and family and hope that he gets back to top form soon. Maybe I missed "sympathy" and "support" off the list as well.
I am not being funny but I don't think it's a good idea to send condolances two years after the event.

Dave
Martin Taylor

Post by Martin Taylor »

DaveO posted:
Ron posted:

If he died in late 2004 then I am not sure how it puts a new light on it because Tickle had an outstanding season in 2005, the season following on after his bereavement.

If he had played poorly in 2005 and come back to form this season I could understand it but it is the other way around.

That makes me think his loss is not the root cause of his lack of foirm. I oculd be wrong and he may be suffering some sort of delayed reaction but he seemed to cope very well in 2005 and gave no hint of a problem.

Dave
Unfortunatley, speaking with players and people involved with the club i have been told that Danny has quite a few more deep-rooted problems than we all realise! I will not repeat what i have been told but just hope he gets himself back on track!
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

....a move to Warrington :roll:
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

primrose-n-blue posted:
....a move to Warrington :roll:
Take him :)
To be the best
you have to beat the best
turf

Post by turf »

Seriously though, if Tickle is (as has already been suggested) having some deep rooted problems then I think we should get off his back and give him some space.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Many people suffer adversity and come through it. There can be no excuses re Tickle. What oes he need to do? Well he needs to up his workrate dramatically, run and tackle with vigour and energy. He basically needs to show desire and work damn hard. Supporters love effort.