Re: Bradford trio???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

how reliable is your source? Dont wanna get hopes up thats all. :o
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
Im not getting any hopes up but he was the one that told me about Dobson and he was the one that told me about Bailey as well . He is not saying that we have signed them only that we have tabled an offer for them
There's something about this on the less-than-reliable source that is RLFans as well. That, unfortunately, puts question marks in my mind, not that I'm dismissing your anonymous source totally. But I think Newton would be a bit too pricy, I think there may be 20/20 slot issues if all three were to come (at least this year).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
Fair point Fraggle , but he was talking about next season and he was on about Vaeliki leaving along with Moran, Brown,obviously and Tickle ive also heard so with them going we would have room then wouldnt we along with seu seu and dallas retiring
Next season we will have slots, but there's no need for us to bid for PJ as he's out of contract and so a free agent. So the money then would be just for the other two.

Except we've already got two hookers already, and a large number of other pack players so there would need to be more people give way for Newton and Fielden to slot in. This season, Newton could add some weight to our pack, but next season we've also got Sculthorpe to come back presumably for Seuseu. The players you mention are almost all backs, which doesn't create any space for two more pack players unless we release some others. Would we want to lose Godwin or Higham? You're suggesting a pack along the lines of Logan - Newton/Godwin/Higham - Fielden - (Feka - Sculthorpe replacement props); Hock - Fletcher (Hansen - Hargreaves replacement 2nd rows); Lockers - how to fit 3 x hookers into one position? With the bench of two props, a second row and another hooker, we've no cover for the backline and one of the three hookers unhappy.

Of course, Nobby may want to swing the axe a bit more and get rid of some other places before next year...

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
pie eaters posted:
Fair point Fraggle , but he was talking about next season and he was on about Vaeliki leaving along with Moran, Brown,obviously and Tickle ive also heard so with them going we would have room then wouldnt we along with seu seu and dallas retiring
Next season we will have slots, but there's no need for us to bid for PJ as he's out of contract and so a free agent. So the money then would be just for the other two.

Except we've already got two hookers already, and a large number of other pack players so there would need to be more people give way for Newton and Fielden to slot in. This season, Newton could add some weight to our pack, but next season we've also got Sculthorpe to come back presumably for Seuseu. The players you mention are almost all backs, which doesn't create any space for two more pack players unless we release some others. Would we want to lose Godwin or Higham? You're suggesting a pack along the lines of Logan - Newton/Godwin/Higham - Fielden - (Feka - Sculthorpe replacement props); Hock - Fletcher (Hansen - Hargreaves replacement 2nd rows); Lockers - how to fit 3 x hookers into one position? With the bench of two props, a second row and another hooker, we've no cover for the backline and one of the three hookers unhappy.

Of course, Nobby may want to swing the axe a bit more and get rid of some other places before next year...
Ok ive been away for a week but has any of you noticed were in real danger of going dow.

Or has there been a change in the rules.

we can speculate all day truth is we go down we can forget about the above mentioned players.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

thegimble posted:
Ok ive been away for a week but has any of you noticed were in real danger of going dow.

we can speculate all day truth is we go down we can forget about the above mentioned players.
No-one's disputing all that, but if all we could do is post messages about the liklihood of us going down then this place would be as depressing than an episode of Eastenders. Nothing we post on here can change the results on the field, so why not have a bit of light-hearted speculation about what might, in the event of a miracle, happen next year? But if instead we've all got to be like WNAC then I think I'll just go and shoot myself now and be done with it.

[hr]
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Fraggle posted:
thegimble posted:

No-one's disputing all that, but if all we could do is post messages about the liklihood of us going down then this place would be as depressing than an episode of Eastenders. Nothing we post on here can change the results on the field, so why not have a bit of light-hearted speculation about what might, in the event of a miracle, happen next year? But if instead we've all got to be like WNAC then I think I'll just go and shoot myself now and be done with it.
We get Dobson i do feel we will stay up. Moran is finished as a SL players and i think he knows it.
num lock

Post by num lock »

pie eaters posted:
Ive heard off a realiable source that Wigan have made a 500,000 triple offer for Johnson, Newton and Fieldon.
Did anyone else see the interview with Feilden on the telly,just after Nobby left Bradford.He talked about having a new coach(Macnamara),and about how much he had enjoyed working with Nobby.Then when he was asked about the speculation linking various Bulls players with Wigan,he seemed to shift awkwardly in his seatand said"well thats another story".
I think there may be something in it.I work with someone who speaks regularly to Stuarts'brother Jamie.My friend was told 12 months ago that Stuart would be leaving Bradford,possibly to go to Australia,but if the money is on the table at the JJB..who knows.
boovey2006

Post by boovey2006 »

i hope feilden doesn't go and newton not to go i would prefer

johnson to go if any of them r but the firsto ne i woud ltry to keep is feilden
Boov-e
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

boovey2006 posted:
i hope feilden doesn't go and newton not to go i would prefer

johnson to go if any of them r but the firsto ne i woud ltry to keep is feilden
Given the choice of any SL player, I'd go for Fielden!
Not only is he an outstanding player, he's the only prop who plays 80 mins, so he really counts as two.
If he doesn't get Man Of Steel this year, there's no justice!
boovey2006

Post by boovey2006 »

100% agree
Boov-e