Full Credit To Moran

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Full Credit To Moran

Post by Wigan Watcher »

I would like to thank Moran for everything he has done for our club ( please no one with the wise cracks)

He came to us as a finisher proving to be the best at it for two years. We decided he was a play maker which he is clearly not.
Moran never complained he got on with the job he was given, he understood all the flack he was being given and I know it hurt him very much. Even though it hurt him he never attacked back or commented on anything, he just got on with his job even though he explained his best role to the coaches was not playmaker. Moran has worked harder than most every player since our problems, extra training extra work in the gym. If other players had put in as much as he did well who knows.

He did not want to leave Wigan, even though it did not work out for him because of circumstances I would like to wish him every success in the future.

Denis Moran is a true professional.

DaveO

Re: Full Credit To Moran

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Even though it hurt him he never attacked back or commented on anything,
Not in the press maybe but if you believe some on the various forums he was pretty unprofessional in how he dealt with fans he met on a night out in Wigan.

I am afraid I can't be as generous in my thanks toward Moran as you are and not because of what I say above either.

Even if he did get "A" for effort the "E" for attainment is inexcusable.

The defects in his game which despite how hard you say he worked he could not rectify, mean the best I can think of is that he is a poor RL scrum half so has got what his performances deserved.

No time for sentiment with Moran.

Dave
Martin WWRFL

Post by Martin WWRFL »

i agree that he did alot to help the club but it never worked. i think the flack he got was a little too much and in a way he was the scape goat
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Martin WWRFL posted:
i agree that he did alot to help the club but it never worked. i think the flack he got was a little too much and in a way he was the scape goat
So it wasn't the fact he was one-dimensional, couldn't kick for toffee, threw out many many passes that were so easily read and intercepted that he might as well have been playing for the other team, couldn't catch or tackle and was generally shown to be completely the wrong player for our club?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
the_cow

Post by the_cow »

if someone doesnt perform in their job in the real world then they get the sack in most cases. wigan have been blunt-toothed all season in attack so it was inevitable that either moran or orr were going to carry the can. moron was worse than orr most of the time so it is justice that he has to go- better now than at the end of the season when were relegated. think his buddy orr will be going with him too at the end of the season unless he pulls his socks up.

i have resented moran all season because the thoughts of paying his wages for the tripe he produces on the pitch make me angry- why should i work hard to earn money to buy tickets to pay his wages when he doesnt seem to care, and if rumours are to be believed, p***es it all up against the wall whilst abusing fans around the town. the said can be said of DV. if either of these players were on PAYE they would be living in a cardboard box outside the jjb.
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!